GYMSHARK fake website payment

samuel131
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried to access https://uk.gymshark.com/ to make a purchase but instead, through adverts ended up making the purchase on www.gymfitsgo.com. Immediately after making the purchase today (for the value of £81.18), I received a notification from Paypal that the transaction had been made to a chinese account. I've messaged before about the transaction and the case has been closed as it was an authorised transaction. However, when viewing the sites you can see the similarities/direct copies from the official Gymshark website, making it difficult before purchase to realise it was a fraudulent site.

I am requesting that the transaction is cancelled and / or refunded as viewing the transaction details, you can clearly see that this is a fraudulent activity and believe I would be covered under the Buyer and Fraud Protection policy which is advertised to monitor every transaction to prevent fraud. 

Please help 

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

veloguy72
Contributor
Contributor
Like others I made the same mistake. My bank have cancelled my card (I didn't use PayPal in this instance) and advised me to raise a card dispute. However this morning I received a Yodel tracking number so I wondered if anyone had actually received any goods? They will be fake of course if they do arrive!
Login to Me Too

stlshark
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered form www.leggingsyoga.shop.  I cant remember how I found out about this site...I think I Googled Gymshark and this came up as an option.  When I saw the prices I figured it was a legit shop selling at discounted prices, but NOOOOOO...total scam as well.  I ordered on Dec 14th and the product just arrived today Jan 4th.  Both pairs of leggings are fake Gymshark.  The logo is different, the tag on the garments is different and the fit is terrible!  They didn't even ship the items that I ordered and there was no packing list to confirm what they sent.  After reading everyone's comments there is no way I am even going to go through the hassle of attempting to return them.....sounds like I am out $70.  I did purchase with my credit card through PayPal so hopefully I can fight the charges with Visa.  

IMG_3571.JPEG

Login to Me Too

Sophie9812
Contributor
Contributor
This is exactly what mine look like ! Pay pal told me I am not to return them I need to keep hold of them
Login to Me Too

stlshark
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered through PayPal  but paid with my credit card, so now I have a dispute open with my credit card company.  I don't understand why PayPal continues to partner with them as a payment option.  They should cut ties.  Also I wonder how to reach some agency in California to let them know this the address of this business and shut them down.  It is sad how many people have been scammed by them.  

I was going to send them back too, but I read some comments about how they fight the return and you have to pay outrageous shipping to send the items back.  Not worth it.  

Im not giving up!

But if you paid with a debit or credit card through PayPal, try to get it disputed through your bank instead of PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Jmorleyxx
Contributor
Contributor
After not receiving a confirmation email after 2 days I started to research why I hadn’t gotten one, after I found out I ordered from a fake website. I read these comments and filed a case on PayPal straight away. Has anyone received their money back yet?
Login to Me Too

Jmorleyxx
Contributor
Contributor
UPDATEE!! So after filing a case on PayPal, the fake company provided them tracking with yodel, a couple days ago I received the parcel and it was not what I had ordered. I wanted to change my case type and I had now received a parcel from them but I changed it to it was a different product so I messaged PayPal and they added all the extra information to my case. Today I received an email from PayPal that my case has been closed and that I am getting a refund
Login to Me Too

C4llummc
Contributor
Contributor
Also had this issue, and I just noticed it had set up a direct debit from account, so I would advise you take a look at your own transaction just in case!
Login to Me Too

Bushella213
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me, has anyone managed to get a refund, even after the case has been closed on PayPal.
Login to Me Too

ccalabro
New Community Member
Unbelievable! They are trying to get me to pay for the return shipment that is fraudulent.
Login to Me Too

thisisme1234
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I have the same issue. I don't understand why PayPal are operating on such a site after having it highlighted as a scam. Have you managed to get your money back? My dispute is open but I can't seem to add any further information.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.