GOT SCAMMED. Need Help to Regain Access

Sam246
Contributor
Contributor

So a while ago I received an email saying my account "needs to be updated or else my account may become suspended". Without a second thought I click the "update my account" button which redirected me to Paypal login page and I logged in to my account to find nothing was wrong.

I didn't realize that it was a scam email as it had all the exact same format as a normal Paypal email would.

Until a few days later, I couldn't pay using Paypal, when I log in to pay for anything, I will get "Your account is limited. Please check your PayPal Account Overview page to learn how to resolve this problem." I logged into Paypal to see this message saying "We recently received a report of unauthorised activity on a card linked to your PayPal account. To k..."

That's when I checked the email again to find out that email I got a few days ago was sent from "PayPal... <some random email address that I can't include in this post>

I rushed to reset my password but it was too late...

Fortunately, all my money in my Paypal account was still there but I'm unable to access it...

I can't use or withdraw anything

Your account access is temporarily limited
We noticed some unusual activity with the card linked to your PayPal account. To help keep you and the PayPal community secure, we need to better understand this activity.

In an effort to keep your account secure, we've also limited certain features in your account. You'll be able to regain access to these features once you provide the information we've requested.
Reference ID: PP-005-***-***-***

I needed to upload 2 things:
1. Upload a photo ID
2. Provide credit card statement

I've already submitted my photo ID but the problem is, the card that was linked probably to withdraw all my money in my account wasn't mine. So I can't provide a credit card statement. I even emailed Paypal about this incident but have not receive a reply from them...

So how do I regain access to my Paypal account without providing a credit card statement?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sam246

1. Its against paypal rules to add another persons card to your paypal account so you may find that you won't be able to lift the limitation.

2. As for contact.............

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sam246
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

1. Thanks for the reply.

2. I am from Singapore.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sam246

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.