GOODS NOT RECEIVED - PAYPAL AUTO CLOSED BEFORE RESOLVED

SAND-REVIEWS
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys, I purchased goods from a merchant which were never dispatched or received. I opened a dispute case with PayPal in resolutions centre. On the second to last day before case was set to expire merchant responded to my messages and promised to send the goods. At this I did not escalate case and it has now been 3-months and goods were never sent or received and merchant ignored my messages and cannot be contacted by phone. I’ve tried contacting PayPal but help desk told me that I cannot re-open a closed dispute or log a new one for the same transaction. What can I do? Do I have to just accept that I’ve been defrauded and that this has been enabled by PayPal?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SAND-REVIEWS 

Why was it enabled by paypal? You were the one that didn't escalate the dispute to a claim.

If you had done so then you would probably have been refunded and IF the item turned up then its easy enough to pay the seller again isn't it. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.