Funds on Hold

LeslieRobinson
New Community Member
Hi, my funds have been on hold for 11 days. Someone filed a dispute about 1 transaction on my account, I went through the process of giving all information about all transactions on my account. The money from the disputed it was taken of hold and placed in my account, the second amount I have on hold now (which was not disputed) is still on hold. Not sure why, I sold my camper and delivered to to a couple almost 10 hours away, I have no way to get this camper back. There are no options for this type of shipping on PayPal, but i did include the bill of sale from the purchase as proof of the transaction. Hot sure where to go next, I can’t call and speak to PayPal directly, this is very frustrating. What am I supposed to do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeslieRobinson 

Best not to use paypal for selling motor vehicles OR items that are going to be personally collected or delivered as you would have 0 paypal seller protection.

You can try marking the transaction as shipped in the PayPal transaction details, and that may open up the capability for your buyer to go into the transaction details on their side, and acknowledge receipt of the item. That may allow the payment to be completed  more quickly, BUT if the buyer does not have the option to acknowledge receipt then you may well have to wait the full 21 days unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.