Funds held when requested for a return

Jacobdoug147
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I recently ordered a shirt through grailed. However the shirt wasn't as described so I requested a refund. I was then directed to open a case on paypal. The seller agreed to send the money once he recieved the item which I shipped back to him. He confirmed to have recieved it however he says that the payment is being held by paypal when I requested the refund for safety purposes. He says he can't send the refund because the payment is pending and he doesn't have the money. How can we get paypal to release the funds so he can send the refund back to me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jacobdoug147 

The seller can issue a refund from within the dispute, that why the funds are pending/held to begin with. Here's how:

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Select Open Cases and find the transaction.
  3. Click the Case ID in the Case column.
  4. Click Issue a full refund on the case details page.

You can issue a refund within 180 days of receiving a payment. Issuing a full refund automatically closes a dispute.

Please note that the case must be in the dispute phase or waiting for the seller's response to complete this action. If it is under review, you must contact PayPal to take this action.

If your PayPal account balance does not have enough money in it, the entire refund will be issued from the primary bank account linked to your PayPal account.

*Refunds cannot be issued through the PayPal mobile app.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jacobdoug147 

Did you escalate the dispute to a claim and provide paypal with the tracking number to prove delivery of the item back to the seller?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jacobdoug147
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the option to add tracking information? I never saw the option to add it. Also the Grailed refund team told me to open a case, I don't remember opening a dispute.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jacobdoug147 

The seller can issue a refund from within the dispute, that why the funds are pending/held to begin with. Here's how:

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Select Open Cases and find the transaction.
  3. Click the Case ID in the Case column.
  4. Click Issue a full refund on the case details page.

You can issue a refund within 180 days of receiving a payment. Issuing a full refund automatically closes a dispute.

Please note that the case must be in the dispute phase or waiting for the seller's response to complete this action. If it is under review, you must contact PayPal to take this action.

If your PayPal account balance does not have enough money in it, the entire refund will be issued from the primary bank account linked to your PayPal account.

*Refunds cannot be issued through the PayPal mobile app.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.