Full Refund Without Any Proof of Return Receipt

BRBing
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal issued a full refund and the buyer hasn't even shipped the item.

I am at a loss for words. How does this happen?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BRBing 

They sometimes do that if the seller does not respond to the claim or the item is fake or unsafe to return in the post.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BRBing
Contributor
Contributor

The Buyer has a history of returning purchased items and used two methods of resolution in violation of eBay policy.

First the Buyer opened a return case with eBay stating "missing parts". Oddly, as evidence the Buyer attached pictures of the missing parts (?). In response a return shipping label was provided to the Buyer and I awaited return of the item. Not wanting to actually return the item the Buyer next opened a case with PayPal stating "item not as described". When I received that message I responded to PayPal indicating the eBay case was already open and I was awaiting return of the item. I received a message from PayPal stating their case was closed. All the while I am receiving a rude tirade of buyers remorse complaints via eBay messaging and through the case from the buyer. 

Next I received a message from PayPal that they awarded a full refund to Buyer with no explanation. ????? How did it go from a closed case to a full refund at PayPal? Did they get bullied by the Buyer? I still don't know why and of course they won't tell me. eBay like me was still awaiting a return of the item.

I appealed to both eBay and PayPal and between them they decided within minutes to approve my appeal and paid me with Sellers Protection. So, the Buyer has the item AND a full refund and I sold an item with a clear conscious and suffered no ill effect to my seller rating.

Note: One Seller was so desperate to get the message out on this Buyer that they put “Rude communication from buyer” in the comment field of a positive feedback! Never seen that before....

Login to Me Too

Airhaun
Contributor
Contributor

Don't you feel victimized? You do everything you're supposed to, follow the rules and no protection when someone tries to take advantage and wrong you.

I'm currently going through the same issue. Sold a laptop 2 months ago. Messaging the buyer twice I finally got payment after almost 4 days. Buyer then threatens to open an ebay and paypal claim if the laptop doesn't arrive on-time. Fast forward 2 months, I get an email from paypal to find out this buyer opened a paypal claim saying the laptop didn't work, 2 months later. Buyer states they tried to contact me multiple times, I received nothing. I responded explaining this all. Paypal just notified me they are issuing a full refund and awaiting shipping info from the buyer. 

What ended up happening in your case?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.