Frustated!!!

YUMMYLV
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase on Facebook from a company that said it was located here in the US.  They are in China!  They lied from the start by claiming from being local.  I ordered 3 pair of arm bands in black as the color and paid $33.94  I got the package around June 23 and the items were one beige and one black set of arm bands.  I'm a plus size woman so I asked for a 3X size and got tiny arm bands that would fit my 3 year old granddaughter.  I contacted the company about the problem and got a message back apologizing for the miscommunication.  They offered to refund me 6.00 as a refund, I told them NO!  I asked which end of the arm band went at the top of the arm and still they have never answered that question.  Then they offered me 8.00 and again I said NO!!!  FULL REFUND ONLY!  Through all this time they have never answered the question as to which side of the arm band goes at the top of the arm.  Now they are offering me 10.00 and they want me to return them telling me it will cost around 30.00 shipping to return the items.  I have sent Paypal messages about this claim and they just keep telling me to return the items but its going to cost 30.00 and I paid 33.94 for 3 pair and only got 2!  I phoned paypal and they told me to go to the resolution center which I have gone there many times.  Why can't Paypal just refund my money since I paid them to get this item?  Why don't Paypal read the mails I have sent to this person and see all the problems I am having with them?  Today I phoned Paypal to dispute this transaction and the computerized voice message would not allow me to speak to an agent, they told me to go back to the Resolution Center.  Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your story is an all too common one here. Seller/scammer sends you some worthless stuff, you are required to send it back (to a possibly bogus address) at your own expense. PP sits on the sideline, seemingly laughing at you and occasionally stepping in to slap you in the face for being a poor loser (you got scammed, deal with it, PP seemed to be saying). Yes, there are hundreds if not more of us telling similar stories. 

What to do? Some are considering lawsuit. Some stopped using PP and in due time, PP will see bottom line hurting and may act then. Meantime you can publicize the scam and PP’s complicity. KTLA has a news tip and story idea link. Go to KTLA dot com and go from there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.