Friends and Family Payment for a goods transaction

Cailly
New Community Member

I was going to buy some dolls off gumtree so I messaged the seller and they said they can do PayPal payments but only in the “friends and family” payments. What are the rules on this? Is it against the terms and conditions to ask for f&f payments for goods and services? I know it’s not a good idea but does it actually go against the terms and conditions?

thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Cailly. Thanks for reaching Community Forum! If you are paying for goods, item or services, make sure to send it as payment for good and services. Family and friends transaction is not covered by PayPal Purchase Protection. This family and friends payment is literally like a "Gift", once you send it, you cannot dispute it under any circumstances. I don't recomment that you purse this transaction to this type of seller as most seller which has no good record do this so they can get away from responsibility and possible dispute or complaints. Hope this helps! Stay safe! If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.