New Community Member
I just got scammed I need help please
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Nctall
Contributor
Contributor

@Jehad01 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been scammed. If you sent the transaction as a friends and family payment then it all depends on what payment method you used. If you paid with any financial institution other than paypal (For example a bank or card company) then I would recommend contacting them to have a dispute opened, this will refund the money straight back to your bank/card and will force paypal to reverse the charge. If you paid with paypal balance you will need to contact paypal directly, which you can do here, to have a dispute opened on the charge.  

If I was able to help, please leave a kudo. I hope you are able to regain your funds. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jehad01 

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. 

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.