Freelancing Merchant Account limitations

Shiva_G
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Team,

I had recently applied for Freelancer Merchant account after contacting paypal support team about the process of the application for freelancer.

I had successfully submitted the application on Jan 31st 2020 with the support of customer care team member.

But unfortunately, my account was kept on hold due to which my account was upgraded into Charity and non-profit organization.

I don't understand first why my account got converted into Charity and non-profit organization and contacted the customer care and they said they would resolve the issue with 3-5 days and also said they had added a note to review the internal team as "The purpose of merchant account should be freelancer but not Charity & non-profit organization."

But after 8 days i received a mail regarding to submit my business document regarding Charity & non-profit organization, I don't understand why i should documents related to Charity & non-organization when i applied for freelance services. So, I replied them again with detailed information about my business and where would i get work from and so.

Again they kept my account into hold for more 7 days and later asked to submit the invoices and related information about the transaction made from past 6 months, luckily i have all the invoice received from my client and submitted the same on 5 days back for review, but still now I don't see any update regarding my application and I don't understand why they are taking too much time for verification.

Why can't they provide the services faster than other payment gateway's like Razarpay, because I hold a merchant account with them for local transaction and I would resolve the issue within 2 days and they would contact through mail and also through mobile for detailed information.

Unfortunately, My client supports payments through paypal account only and they are also in contact with paypal team about the payment issues for my account and waiting for reply from Paypal team to resolve the issue very soon.

Because of these limitation, I didn't received my January payment yet and I don't understand more how many times they request for information about my business when i clearly submitted the whole information about my freelancer profile.

I request someone from Paypal team to look into my profile and provide me an update about the status of my application, if there is no possibility with my application to get accepted as merchant account, then i would request you to downgrade my account into Individual account, so that I would atleast receive my previous payment which are still in pending status? So, atleast for future payments, i would find for alternative merchant account other than paypal.

Please someone help me in resolving my issues.

Thank you,

Regards,

Shiva G.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Shiva_G
Contributor
Contributor

Thank @sharpiemarker for your quick response.

However I'm contacting daily to downgrade my account to individual but they replied me as it cannot be done untill my limitation are removed.

and I'm holding account with paypal from 2016 and had verified all requirements in 2016 only and nothing else pending except my merchant account upgrade!.

I don't understand what to do now?

If any other support would be appreciated.

Regards,

Shiva Gandla

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shiva_G 

Please contact customer service for assistance to downgrade:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (India): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalIN/

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

After that, complete step 2:

https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-receive-paypal-payments-faq1750

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

Shiva_G
Contributor
Contributor

Thank @sharpiemarker for your quick response.

However I'm contacting daily to downgrade my account to individual but they replied me as it cannot be done untill my limitation are removed.

and I'm holding account with paypal from 2016 and had verified all requirements in 2016 only and nothing else pending except my merchant account upgrade!.

I don't understand what to do now?

If any other support would be appreciated.

Regards,

Shiva Gandla

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.