Fraudulent website

rhayder
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from this website but it appears to be a fradulent website. The address is Sharpsen.top

Apparently Paypal is allowing their site to be used by fraudsters and their cumbersome process allows them to get away with it while paypal benefits from the fraudulent transaction through collection of fees. 

I purchased a piece of automotive test equipment from this site. Immediately after placing the order the paypal email did not match the order and I reported this as a potential fraudulent website. Paypal took me through the dispute process. The fraudulent website sent me 3 face masks and not the piece of automotive test equipment I ordered. The site was shut down after just a week. I again notified Paypal and they said they were reviewing the transaction. 

I recently received notification that the dispute was resolved not in my favor because of proof a package was delivered. I guess someone could send you a package with anything and you will lose a dispute. Is Paypal complicit in allowing fraudulent use of their platform. 

Paypal is not properly vetting their merchants and the people they allow to have accounts. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Nolson681
New Community Member
I’m going through the dispute process now and now it seems that I’m going to lose. I also received 3 paper masks and was very confused about what happened. As soon as I placed the order I regretted it. If it’s to good to be true l, it probably is. An expensive lesson wish PayPal was more on the consumer’s side.
Login to Me Too

CLW04
New Community Member

I have had the same problem with this company, sharpsen.top. I ordered a fuel pressure test kit in May and received 3 face masks. I didn't pay through Paypal, but I still never received my order. I contacted the company through email and received several replies. I was told that they were shipping me the correct product and even gave me a tracking number with a website to track it on. However, once you're on the website, you cannot access any of the other tabs; you can only enter a tracking number. I went on a website where you can check if another website is safe or a scam and it stated that the domain for the tracking website was registered on 7/8/2020 and I received an email from Sharpsen.top on 7/15/2020 with the tracking information which seems fishy to me. The tracking information stated that the package was in my hometown awaiting delivery, but after checking with my local post office, I was informed that the tracking number was no good and that companies from China were giving out false tracking numbers. Therefore, I have never received my product and assume that I never will. Beware of this company, it is certainly seems to be a scam!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.