Fraudulent website

PamnTerin
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made 2 transactions with what appeared to be an online merchant. Since making the transactions (for 2 bicycles), I discovered that US Fitwear is a scam website. It has a fake address, a fake phone number, and fake social media links. If you Google US Fitwear, you will find that it is a complete scam. I opened disputes on both transactions with PayPal. Because the fake merchant gave PayPal a fake USPS shipping tracking number, PayPal accepted that and closed one of the cases in the favor of the "seller." Where do I go from here?  I am extremely disappointed in PayPal, as they have not thoroughly researched my claims.  There is no customer service phone number to be found on the website.  I want this fake merchant shut down, and I want my money back.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PamnTerin 

No one is going to shut it down because its in China.

As soon as these Chinese websites get enough paypal disputes against them to cause paypal to drop them they open up under another name and with a new website.

So check them out BEFORE you buy.

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PamnTerin
Contributor
Contributor

There was a U.S. address and phone number listed on the website....but the phone number and address are fake.

I did use PayPal linked to a credit card, but am getting no reasonable response from PayPal. And PayPal customer service phone lines are closed. And I keep getting responses from "bots" instead of real people.  The fake merchant provided PayPal with a fake USPS tracking number, so PayPal closed one of my disputes based on that, and without checking it out at all. No research done.  I am about to stop doing any business at all with PayPal unless and until they resolve this dispute accurately and fairly.

I did file claims with my credit card company and also filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.