Fraudulent vendor advertisements

Dottie7
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone bught something off an advertisement that showed one thinkg and when the item arrived it was nothing like advertised.  I  ordered at the end of August and I am still waiting for Paypal to make a decision.  They keep delaying to give the vendor a chance.   I have sent in pictures and I do have a video but do not know how to load it.  How long do I wait. They gave hime till the 25th to respond and to make a decision by Oct 2nd. Thats a bit much.  He is probably doing the same to other people

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

donapeng
New Community Member

i have same issue, order camp matrix and ice machine and receive neck air pillow and ice scope, open claims to pay pay and seller said need me to pay shipping back in order to get money back, WTF... i mean why i need to pay the shipping to ship the wrong item back if they on purpose ship me the wrong item? they even told me it's will be easy for me just accept part refund and keep the item.. its SCAM!!! i even have no choice because no one answer the phone when i call paypal, the only option is to provide the return shipping tracking number in order for me to get my money back... 

i think pay pal is suck not doing anything on it, they should just refund the money if there are a lot complain to the same seller 

i will appreciate if any one know how to deal with this too since i really don't want to spend the shipping cost to ship it back

Login to Me Too

Dottie7
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for answering. I though I was the only one getting scammed.  I bought what I though was a mini washing machine and the ads are still on and this vendor is still ripping people off.  what I got was a plastic bucket.  I am so angry.  Paypal keeps giving the vendor more and more time to reply.  I started this on august 28 and now they tell me he has till the 18 then they tell me he has till the 25th to answer and they will make their decision by Oct. 2nd.  IOnce this is finished I am closing my account.  I have not use for paypal if they dont stand behind their vendors.  I used my visa card and at least visa answers the phone.  the customer service rep told me to wait until the 25th and they will then put it to their fraud department and I will get a refund.  I should have just dealt with visa.  Paypal since covid has just dropped their customer service.  they make more money on their vendors then our accounts.  I suggest you call your credit card company that you used take a picture of what you ordered and what you got.  they will stand behind you.  then dump paypal...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.