Fraudulent use of my account

jem777
Contributor
Contributor

On 1/6/20 my Paypal account delivery address was changed and an order  was subsequently made using my account details, neither of which were authorised. Upon reading the confirmation emails in the morning, I immediately raised a dispute with Paypal explaining I had not made the order or authorised the new delivery address (which is unheard of to me) & nothing to do with me. Paypal said there was no reason for the refund and it was an authorised transaction & closed the case. How can they say this when the order must have been made from a different IP address (fully traceable) and a different, unauthorised delivery address was used (fully traceable). the money has now come out of my bank account. I have tried calling Paypal but no one to talk to due to COVID-19 restrictions. There was also an attempted order for a value of £623 made at 2am the same morniing but refused due to insufficient funds thank goodness. I really need advice on how to escalate this & get a refund, I hope someone can point me in the right direction, I changed my login details immediately upon realisation of this happening, many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Janey72
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal said the same to me and closed the case,my situation is slightly different but I've still been done by a unauthorized transaction a 3rd party compromised a ebay account I purchased from,so I'm worried if the scammer might have got there's hands on my info or account,PayPal have done nothing to support this I can't even disput against there disision even though I've got proof from ebay it was a fraudulent transaction so I feel like I've been left high and dry,my bank can't help me and because I I reported it to PayPal I'm not able to make a claim on Ebay know for items not received, how you supposed to fight a case when there's a lack of help and human communication. I'm so sorry to here about you case that is just frightening and just unacceptable by PayPal I feel your frustration, I've replied to you because no one eles seems to be responding to you or me either I do hope you get it sorted,good luck stay safe and let me know how you got on. All the best Jane🌈
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.