Fraudulent transfer to paypal cash plus

Roseydaisy11
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email this morning letting me know that my paypal transfer would be completed in a few days. I logged on to my account to see that there is a transaction pending for a transfer from my bank account to a paypal cash plus balance. I have changed my password on my account, but I have been unable to get a hold of anyone at paypal. I was unable to dispute the transaction on the resolution center, and my bank can not do anything as the transaction has not posted to my account yet. Is there an email address for paypal so I can get in contact with someone to stop the transfer from happening? Thanks for any information.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

TX-Badger
New Community Member

The exact same thing has just happened to me. Does anyone have any help for this???

Login to Me Too

EBGH
New Community Member

This just happened to me too. Please let me know if you figure out how to resolve this as Paypal is absolutely no help at all.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Midwest97
Contributor
Contributor

PP has been useless, I got to talk to someone via the chat box, and they are having the security department call me sometime today. They suggested I call my bank and cancel it, but nothing is pending on my bank at all. Bank did offer to block our bank account so the transfer will not go through. 

Login to Me Too

Jdorch0911
Contributor
Contributor
I had this happen to me today as I realized $1000 had posted to my account I have disputed this with my bank and will be changing my account number I’m gonna let my bank handle it bcus I can’t get a hold of PayPal they are worthless! It sad bcus someone had to login to the account due to this is not an item brought this is someone transferring money to their PayPal account balance from your bank account
Login to Me Too

jhillwig5
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Bank reversed the charge within 24hrs, Pay Pal was no help. 

Login to Me Too

Jdorch0911
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely no help they told me it was authorized by me and I had never heard of it but since it went in to my PayPal account I was able to transfer it right back to my bank PayPal is trash lately
Login to Me Too

CeeCee70
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me now and I'm beyond frustrated!  Paypal sucks!

Login to Me Too

Jdorch0911
Contributor
Contributor
I am absolutely sorry this has happened as I know how frustrating this can be I don’t know how much money it was but it doesn’t matter when you know you aren’t the one who authorized it. I’m starting to think it’s an inside job especially since PayPal seems to can’t do anything about it. They have been absolutely no HELP lately and with so many ppl having this problem I think if we start closing our accounts maybe it will caught their attention. I say just start a claim with your bank and see if the money goes to your account where you can just transfer the money back into your bank account! I hope I can help someone because this is ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

CeeCee70
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  After a 5 day hold on my money - which caused me to have several overdrafts BTW -  I was able to transfer the $1,000.00 back to my bank account just now.  Now to wait to see if it actually goes into MY account.   I really can't believe that PayPal cant figure  out how to offer customer service.  Their way of handling people's money is unacceptable.  The hackers got into my account, transferred $1000.00 to my PayPal account, changed the language to French and added a cell phone number.  How did PayPal's "security" allow this to happen?  This is our money they are dealing with.  I'm so mad I could spit.   I'm with you...I'll be deleting my account after this is through.  I hope it's resolved quickly but without any customer service reassurance I have my doubts. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.