Fraudulent transfer to cash plus

JoelP
Contributor
Contributor
I just had $1000 transferred from my linked bank account to a Cash Plus account (which I never created nor see on my account.) I can’t dispute it because I’m both the sender and receiver as far as they can see. Clearly I was hacked. I always use the app but when I tried the website, my account was all in Spanish. I changed password and chose log out of all devices. Has anyone seen this? Is this a new fraud stunt? I’m so **bleep**.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JoelP
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. Yeah I submitted the paperwork to the bank tonight already. Just hoping I can catch the cash before it somehow leaves PayPal. I’m not sure how that cash plus thing works.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

yourmomisangry
Contributor
Contributor

There's some discussion in this thread: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/HELP-WITH-FRAUD/td-p/2337589

My suggestion is to put a stop payment to your bank account, so that the transaction to paypal will fail. It'll be faster than waiting for it to succeed. Mine just failed and the bank account just got removed from my paypal wallet automatically. Now I'm going to delete my account, hopefully it'll work.

Login to Me Too
Solved

JoelP
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. Yeah I submitted the paperwork to the bank tonight already. Just hoping I can catch the cash before it somehow leaves PayPal. I’m not sure how that cash plus thing works.
Login to Me Too

JN6887
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me as well! I am attempting to navigate this issue. Did you also notice a new number added to your account? My account was also switched to Spanish. Did this happen to you?

Login to Me Too

bstroup
Contributor
Contributor

I did and I can't get to anyone at paypal to help resolve the issue. I have contacted my bank as well.

Login to Me Too

JN6887
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone have success deleting your bank account on your account?

Login to Me Too

bstroup
Contributor
Contributor

No. I did not. I don't want to close my account until this gets resolved either. Absolutely ridiculous that you can't get anyone on the phone at Paypal or via email.

Login to Me Too

ShannoDG

No, but would love to know if others are able to. I couldn't delete banking / credit card info OR delete my account. So PayPal is pretty much supporting this fraud.

Login to Me Too

ShannoDG

same for me. new phone number on account. everything in Spanish 

Login to Me Too

bcphilly

New business, name and contact numbers added. Nothing confirmed, yet they let the person manipulate my account.

My account was changed to French.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.