Fraudulent transaction - trying to get refund for months

Yadman
Contributor
Contributor

I had my ebay account hacked and a transaction purchased through paypal for 49.99.

The item was a digitally delivered code for a game (delivered by ebay message).

This in itself apparently breaches ebay guidelines.

I contacted ebay, paypal then my bank at the time.

My bank refunded and then investigated.

Paypal  contacted my bank to say that they believed I made the transaction as the IP address was similar to mine.

Only problem is, IP address is in South Wales and I am in the West of Scotland.

I pointed this out to the bank when they contacted me but stated that paypal had insisted that the transaction was done by me despite this being impossible.

I was advised to contact Paypal as they are the ones who ruled out a refund.

I have now been trying to get a response from paypal about this since then and have had no response from them despite me providing the date of the transaction, the transaction ID, my email address and anything they ask for about this. 

I feel I am just being ignored by them as they say they are investigating it and then I hear nothing. Then I contact them again and go through the whole process again being asked for the details.

Feel like I'm banging my head against a wall with this and I'm still basically 49.99 out of pocket through no fault of my own.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.