Fraudulent tracking scammer

Markw760
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered 4 firesticks from Ebay & was given a bogus tracking number that the USPS investigation confirmed was not only delivered to another address but addressed to someone else. I even went to address post office gave to see if my package was there. It wasn't. Because it shows as delivered I (actually now that usps opened & closed case it doesnt on tracking info)cannot get my money back despite that fact. I hope PayPal can help because I don't know what to do.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Masvingo21
New Community Member
How do l get my money back, someone paid Netflix using my details, and l spoke to my back, there is £11.99, that came out, was advised to contact PayPal
Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Masvingo21

Good day! 

Please file a case so we can officially investigate this for you. Here's How to report an unauthorized transaction. Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Markw760

I hope you are doing well! 

Did you file a dispute in PayPal with the dispute code of "Item Not Received"? If not yet, please file it through our resolution page. Here's How to file a dispute.

If you filed a case already and the case is closed or denied, please go to the nearest USPS branch and provide them the tracking number, you need to ask them for an "Intranet document". This is a document provided by USPS that will state and confirm that the tracking provided by the seller is not shipped in your address. Once you secures this document, you will need to contact customer service to reopen/appeal the case.

Hope this helps! Stay Safe! 

Login to Me Too

Markw760
Contributor
Contributor
I opened a case. I'm not sure about "intranet tracking document" but I had them give me a photo of actual package with tracking # & the person it was addressed to as well as who it was sent from, neither of which were myself or the scammer/seller, sent this pic. I also included a copy of my Ebay transaction where it shows a USPS investigation was opened & closed & it no longer has my package listed as delivered. Additionally I also included screenshots of the feedback section of this same scammer doing the same exact thing to about 30 other people (it's now up to 71 bad reviews). Hopefully this will be enough but I have not heard anything in days.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hi Warren -- I have filed a dispute and there it looks like there is no way I can get my money back.  Scammers know the loophole in your system!!  How come no one has done anything about this?!?!

Warren -- can you please fix this??????

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I am absolutely furious at PayPal -- I trusted that PayPal could protect me against scammers and purchased in confidence!

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I am tired of wasting time fighting this, it's time to take action that will move PayPal to do something about this scam!  Lets gather some folks together and file a class action lawsuit against PayPal.  If interested, please contact me:  paypal.classaction.lawsuit

it's a gmail account.

There are damages aside from the being scammed, such as the hours of spent getting the right documents, visits to the post office, and the psychological damages incurred among many other damages.

I have lawyers that will take this but it would help to have a critical mass.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.