Fraudulent sellers from China - PayPay takes their side

Henj365
New Community Member

I bought a backpack back in april from what turned out to be a fraudulent website. (https://www.runoffal.club/) and it took 3 months to get 4 face masks that I didn't order. PayPal did their little investigation and required me to return the masks. I did but to get a tracking number through usps was over $100 so I sent it standard at $17. Since they required a tracking number, the case did not go in my favor and the case is closed. What complete **bleep**.

Anyone have any ideas of how I can respond since they no longer have people running this **bleep** service?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Sheenachristner
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a pool ionizer from middleay.com and they sent me a chlorine tablet float. They want me to ship it back for a full refund of $32 but after checking it will cost me $34 to send it back. I'm so **bleep** PayPal doesn't do better protecting us from this fraudulent activity!
Login to Me Too

Henj365
New Community Member

As soon ad I get my money back, if I do. I am deleting my account and going to social media to expose PayPal

Login to Me Too

BeaglePerks
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I ordered a weight Bench from an add on Facebook. It came from China. I never received it PayPal ruled in their favour. It's not true that you are protected by Paypal. this company never replied to my emails they just said we sent it and Paypal believed them. There is noway way to dispute and a dispute through PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Henj365
New Community Member

There is clearly something fraudulent about PayPal as well.

Login to Me Too

Schmidty5
Contributor
Contributor

The fraudulent website I got was <removed>.  Opened dispute with PayPal, was immediately closed because it is not eligible for payment protection and I have no idea why!  I refused to return the two masks I received and told them to send the product.  Seller kept giving me fraudulent tracking numbers and then stated they would issue a refund.  Never received the refund and now they will no longer respond to my emails.  PayPal should be researching to find these websites and protect their customers.

Login to Me Too

pobanon
New Community Member

Exact same issue here.. People Republic of China are THIEVES...

horrible that PayPal stands with thieves. 

Login to Me Too

BeaglePerks
Contributor
Contributor

I did get my money back in the end. 

China Thieves sent me a Brass ring, instead of a Weights bench ( adverted on Facebook). So it showed a package was delivered. I initially didn't connect up the 2 situations. 

I had kept the ring and the mini envelope with tracking details on. I sent photos to ebay. That's how I got money back

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.