Fraudulent seller with fake tracking number

Spoltrtn14
Contributor
Contributor
I still have not received my carseat OR the $80 refund from Kyniesha Rivers. What else needs to be done on this matter? She sent a false tracking number that said I RECEIVED the item four days BEFORE I even ordered it! Please get back to me ASAP! NO ONE will answer the phone at Paypal, OR tell me why I haven't received my refund. I've literally spent HOURS trying to get my money back, and I keep getting the run-around! Please HELP!! I thought it was SAFE & trustworthy to buy things through Paypal
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spoltrtn14 

A few facts may help as the rest is irrelevant.

Did you open a dispute?

Which dispute did you open?

Did you escalate to a claim?

Did the seller provide tracking?

Did paypal make a decision yet?

Is your claim still open?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Spoltrtn14
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I opened a case, and they said to.advance it to a dispute. I tried and tried to do that,but nothing worked, and they closed the case. It's so frustrating too! I've typed out long letters and clicked SEMD, and over and over, it says..OOPS! LOOKS LIKE THERE'S A PROBLEM ON OUR END every single time. I'll finally get a response, but they don't answer any of my questions. Still no one will answer their phones either
Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you paid with your credit card (i.e., used credit card as payment method), then you can file a complaint with your credit card company. Grievance would be against PayPal for not providing purchase protection as advertised.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spoltrtn14 

You should have come here and got advice on how to escalate it to a claim.

Once its timed out its too late as you can only have x1 dispute per transaction.

@perplexed_user 

Paypal abided by their buyer protection policy, the buyer didn't escalate so it timed out, not paypals fault.

Also credit card companies are not always refunding they have terms and conditions the same as paypal, as folks have found out. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.