Fraudulent seller online

moneill83
Contributor
Contributor

About a week ago, browsing a number of sites selling PS4 games I came across a site called Ivycorp.com, found here: https://www.ivycorp.com/ with a lot of cheap prices on offer. So I ended up buying a game at £29.95, although they only took payments via PayPal, which I wasn't a member of but could still make payment as a guest, which I did. I got the e-mail from PayPal saying my payment was waiting to clear, and two days later received another e-mail saying payment had cleared. But in the meantime I've heard nothing from the seller as to when the item is being processed, or shipped, or an ETA on it. Nothing at all. Figuring I've been conned I've e-mailed them asking to cancel my order and give me a refund. However, contact the e-mail listed on the site seems to be another fraud, as I keep getting the 'this e-mail address cannot be found' message back. Is there anything I can do? Or do I have t chalk it up to my own naivety and move on?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moneill83

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

moneill83
Contributor
Contributor

I've contacted the card issuer and I'll see how it goes. Thanks for the advice. 

In the meantime, (for what it's worth) there's another website I've come across, exactly the same as Ivycorp.com called https://www.egate-espn.com/ offering the exact same items for sale. So just to satisfy my own curiosity I e-mailed the address listed under 'Support' and to my absolute non-surprise, I got the same 505 message returned to my inbox about ten seconds later. 'Sorry, we cannot deliver this e-mail as the address doesn't exist'. So if anybody reading this comes across it, avoid it like the plague. 

Login to Me Too

Mikel23
New Community Member
Hello, have also stupidly purchased from the website without looking into it much because I saw the encryption padlock, should have done more. I have contacted PayPal to get it sorted but I remembered having to put in a contact phone number and have recently become worried about whether that could be used against me?
Login to Me Too

jenlynfur
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a fit bit versa from Zizack Store for almost $60 less than what fitbit was selling.  I had ordered on from Fitbit - which arrived.  I was going to send it back because I found the same thing on Zizack Store. I was charged through paypal $139.99 from Zizack Store for the fitbit - I never received it.  They say they have UPS confirmation that it was delivered.  But it was not - I e-mailed the seller multiple times <removed> with no response - paypal will not refund my as they say my purchase is not protect.  I have opened a claim in UPS which is pending.

I do not know now to warn others not to purchase from this company and I do not know how to get my $139.99 back.

I am going to keep posting anywhere and everywhere I can until this seller is embarrassed enough to man up and refund me my money - I am a single mom, laid off because of Covid and wanted to get my daughter the one gift she wanted - and I got **bleep**.  Thanks for nothing paypal.

Login to Me Too

roosta80
New Community Member

I'd used this Ivycorp site recently, too. Saw a PS4 game during a Google Sopping search so I snapped it up. I used PayPal by default because I like the extra protection, so I never realised the credit card section didn't actually work (that would have instantly had me concerned), so I wish I'd seen this discussion beforehand!  Just reported my purchase and the site to PayPal so hopefully my £15 will be back in my pocket.  May have to tell Google to stop highlighting dodgy sites as recommendations!

Login to Me Too

waggy44
Contributor
Contributor

Just got stung by the egate-espn.com site. Is there any way to speed up the process since we know its fraudulent? At the moment I'm having to wait until the end of the month to escalate it further. 

Login to Me Too

Ryanaward
Contributor
Contributor
I too have purchased a game from this site, I've opened up a dispute with PayPal but PayPal are giving the benefit of the doubt and giving the seller time to reply which is ridiculous! I just want my refund back as I now know they're a scam. I got a reply back from them (automated) I emailed the PayPal email address the scammer is using but no reply. Definitely open a dispute with this! This website should be taken down!!
Login to Me Too

waggy44
Contributor
Contributor

I got my refund after opening the dispute and calling out the seller as a fraud. He simply replied, "refunded".

I hope google catch on and remove these dodgy sites from their suggestions. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.