Fraudulent seller & fraudulent tracking numbers

JaneR17
New Community Member

So incredibly disgusted and disappointed with PayPal.  They very specifically say that they have "protection you can count on" as a buyer, and that is just crap.  I have documents that show the fake UPS tracking numbers couldn't be for the items I ordered because they were shipped for 16 and 26 lbs and my items were 44 and 104 lbs!  This has been going on for almost 7 weeks and I still do not have my money back from them.  How do you get through to them?  There is no customer service number to call.  There is no way to provide additional information to the open case in the resolution center that I can find.  Weeks ago I did find some link while digging deep and clicking around in customer service to upload documentation on a dispute, but after I sent them the documents that I had there was no confirmation, no email and when I checked the resolution center my documents weren't there.  As soon as the seller provided the fake UPS numbers, my ability to contribute anything else to the conversation was gone!  No way to update the case, no way to file again for the same purchase.  If you are lucky enough to get a human to respond via the chat (I waited hours to get a response) the response is no response!  They are sorry, they appreciate customers like me and know I must be frustrated-- but nothing about just giving me back my money!!!!!  What have any of you done that has actually worked??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

starrdowney
New Community Member

I TOO AM SO **bleep** OFF AND DISGUSTED. PAY PAL SAYS THEY LOOK AFTER THEIR CLIENTS. I WILL  NEVER USE THIS FREAKING METHOD EVER AGAIN. I HAVE PROVIDED SO MUCH PROOF OF FRAUD AND THEY STILL HAVE DONE **bleep**. THEY TOLD ME TO CALL THE INTERNET FRAUD OF US. THIS IS **bleep**!  

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Maybe I was just lucky, but one of the customer service reps (via chat in message center) did helped me get a refund without having me sending back worthless items (to address that turned out to be bogus anyway). The first few reps I chatted with did give me canned responses but I persisted and simply use common sense to convince one CS agent to make an exception to PP's standard protocol and got me the refund.

My only suggestion is to try CS again, you may get lucky and get a reasonable rep this time.

Last resort could be to file claim with bank or credit card company that funded the transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.