Fraudulent company

Iceman6969
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys how can I get help if PayPal can’t help me on a fraudulent company I bought item off. Right after I bought the item I was made aware that these guys were fraudulent and contacted PayPal who ignore my request  after 8 weeks PayPal have sided with seller to my astonishment 

an item was shipped and received by me last week which you buy in bike shop for 4.99 and nothing like item I was led to believe I was getting 

surly these kind of sellers need to be stoped and if PayPal can’t do it who can 

I have 3 accounts with PayPal 2 private 1 business which I will be closing down because of this it’s principal not the 40 euros couldn’t care less about that

but it’s the way these sellers get away with this  See the pictures below 1st one what I received 2nd what I thought I was getting 

see 64B8BF08-3ED7-40B9-A1FA-78E8DD9DD8BB.jpeg6A02FF30-0BCD-463E-B984-C83570B9BDE1.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Iceman6969 

We are our last line of defense. We must do research on a merchant before buying.

I presume you filed a Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) dispute. There are certain conditions your item has to meet to be considered SNAD:

An item is "Significantly Not as Described" (SNAD) if it is materially different from what the Seller described on its website or in the item listing. Here are some examples:

• You received a completely different item. For example, you purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the description when you bought the item said “new” and the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
  • The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in its description when you bought the item.
  • You purchased three items from a Seller but only received two.
  • The item was materially damaged during shipment.

An item is not Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) if it is materially similar to the Seller's item listing description. Here are some examples:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the Seller.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.
  • The item was listed as used condition and you picked it up in person after examining the item.

If your case does not meet the above, PayPal will rule against you and you'll be stuck with resolving it with the seller...OR, invoke your credit card chargeback or bank reversal rights by contacting them to dispute.

PayPal buyer protection is not a guarantee, warranty, or insurance; they never claimed it was and so there are limitations. Your credit card or bank's terms may be more broader than PayPal's.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Iceman6969 

We are our last line of defense. We must do research on a merchant before buying.

I presume you filed a Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) dispute. There are certain conditions your item has to meet to be considered SNAD:

An item is "Significantly Not as Described" (SNAD) if it is materially different from what the Seller described on its website or in the item listing. Here are some examples:

• You received a completely different item. For example, you purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the description when you bought the item said “new” and the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
  • The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in its description when you bought the item.
  • You purchased three items from a Seller but only received two.
  • The item was materially damaged during shipment.

An item is not Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) if it is materially similar to the Seller's item listing description. Here are some examples:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the Seller.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.
  • The item was listed as used condition and you picked it up in person after examining the item.

If your case does not meet the above, PayPal will rule against you and you'll be stuck with resolving it with the seller...OR, invoke your credit card chargeback or bank reversal rights by contacting them to dispute.

PayPal buyer protection is not a guarantee, warranty, or insurance; they never claimed it was and so there are limitations. Your credit card or bank's terms may be more broader than PayPal's.

Login to Me Too

Dabel
Contributor
Contributor
I agree with most of what you said but I disagree about PayPal and their responsibilities for having our back. If PayPal continues to back scamming companies they are a big part of the problem. I was scammed by a company that makes one assume it is in the US, paid company in Texas, received item from Texas but it is junk, not as advertised at all. PayPal wants me to send it back to CHINA. This hasn't happened just to me, it's happened to many more. So yeah, we expect PayPal to shut the scammers down when there is evidence they are scamming so many. They are not only helping stop this insanity but are encouraging it by always siding with this company, AZCozy. They have 8 different addresses and names, I've given PayPal all this information to no avail. Seriously I doubt they even read our messages, I receive the same canned response from every message I've sent.
Login to Me Too

Iceman6969
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed 

wouldn’t mind 10 mins after make the purchase I was told this seller was a fraud I contacted PayPal straight away. It’s frustrating as hell sometimes 

you thing your protected but theses scammers are now one step ahead of PayPal

I have used pay pal for over 12 years but looks like is coming to an end if the likes of these sellers are out smarting PayPal

anyway happy Xmas 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Iceman6969 wrote:

Agreed 

you thing your protected but theses scammers are now one step ahead of PayPal

I have used pay pal for over 12 years but looks like is coming to an end if the likes of these sellers are out smarting PayPal

This! These scammers are ahead of the game but there are things we can do and that is to stick to the names and brands we know and trust. If we shop smarter, these scammers won't have a chance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.