Fraudulent company TeeChip selling face masks

Alimnyc
New Community Member

I ordered two face masks from an ad I saw on Instagram and they never arrived. I live in NYC and we really needed them. The customer service contact center is a rabbit hole and doesn't exist. I do not understand how Instagram allowed TeeChip to sell on their platform given that I've come to find they're a known fraudulent entity. I also thought PayPal would have been clued into this by now and legally put a stop to it or reported them to the Better Business Bureau since the company uses PayPal to sell its fake goods.  How can we as consumers go after TeeChip and get our money back? It has already eroded my trust in Instagram (I will never buy anything off that platform again) and I'm also disappointed in PayPal for not "flagging" this as a suspicious business warning me in advance. Granted, I don't know if they have that capability, but I always trusted businesses that use PayPal and now that's gone too. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alimnyc 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ebby701
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered masks on April 23 in the amount of $57.00 and have heard nothing from tee chip and paypal released the payment to them. How does this happen?
Login to Me Too

kcfrankl
Contributor
Contributor

I placed my order for the Golden Retriever Mask on 4/30/20 and I am still waiting.  I did call and was given a recording that the mask will ship in 5-7 business days (sure!).  I also even ordered another one on 5/17/20 (silly me!).  Lets just see if I ever receive either one of them.

Login to Me Too

Lucybee79
New Community Member

i order an item from this company call TEECHIP off of Facebook on 5/26/2020 and i wanted a couple of days to see if i received a confirmation number of my order and i didn't so i tired to contact them regarding my order via mail and the email came back undelivered, now i'm trying to see if can get my money back. and the item was really beautiful.

Login to Me Too

Nikobuddy
New Community Member
I’ve had the same issues with Teechip
Login to Me Too

TAMMY56
Contributor
Contributor

TODAY IS 12/10/20 I ORDERED A NOVEMBER GIRL SWEAT SHIRT ON 11/20/20 IN WHICH I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED. THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE WITH A DIFFERENT COMPANY IN WHICH MY ATTORNEY HAD TO GET INVOLVED AND WRITE PAY PAL HEAD QUARTERS IN SAN JOSE DEMANDING A REFUND ON MY BEHALF!! I HAVE BEEN WITH PAY PAL SINCE 2009 AND THEY OFFERED ME A $57.00 VOUCHER INSTEAD OF A COMPLETE REFUND! I PAID WITH FUNDS FROM MY PAY PAL ACCOUNT NOT A VOUCHER! SO AFTER READING THESE COMMENTS I GUESS I HAVE TO CALL MY ATTORNEY AGAIN! AFTER 11 YEARS OF LOYAL SERVICE PAY PAL HAS LOST ME AS A CONSUMER! F PAY PAL! HOW DARE YOU LET THESE SCAMMERS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.