Fraudulent charges in disputed case in favor of seller

claytonking
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a dispute on a transaction made through my personal paypal account. Repeated attempts to email the vendor requesting shipping information were met with bounced emails; the email address initially given for them was not the same as the one now being used. After filing the initial claim for case , I suddenly received an email with Federal Express tracking info. I called Fedex and learned that the package was "delivered" to a middle school - not me at my business address at a church.

I filed another claim on another transaction made with the same vendor from my business account which was correctly resolved in my favor for the same reason. After requesting tracking info through the paypal resolution center, I suddenly receive an email from the vendor; again the Fedex tracking info that was suddenly available on that transaction, according to Fedex, was delivered "to a Kentucky Fried Chicken" and not me at my business address.

I believe this vendor to be fraudulent as NEITHER package was received; NEITHER transaction was followed up with tracking info until AFTER I filed the cases with paypal. According to Fedex, NEITHER package was sent to the address given. In both instances, the vendor was fraudulent.

Paypal closed the case in favor in the vendor on my personal account, but close the case in my favor on my business account. I thoguht Paypal was better than this and has always been trusted as a processor. This experience makes me distrust paypal in the extreme.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Deo1961
New Community Member

This is similar to my own case where, I received a faulty item, I had to send the item back with a tracking number before a certain date which was done, the tracking number was provided to paypal and an email confirmation provided by paypal to me, then I get an email from paypal after the closing date, saying that the tracking number was not provided, and the dispute found in favour of the vendor, now how can they say I have not provided the tracking number, when I have paypals email confirmation of the number being sent, something is very wrong with the staff at PayPal that handle disputes

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.