Fraudulent charge to credit card!

XxjjjxX
Contributor
Contributor

I very rarely use my credit card- one, because I am terrible with money, and two; because the limit is low I will do more damage than good if I used it a lot. So with that said, I was wondering why my credit report was showing “too high credit utilization” and dropped my credit significantly! This prompted me to log into my cc account and Lo and behold I see FIFTEEN (small-ish) charges to my credit card FROM an unknown PayPal account which shows up on my statement as “ PayPal*<removed>” Ok— so I look that up immediately and nothing pops up! But this is too perfect to not happen to others.. I’m saying this POS made the charges in a two day period (6/24-6/25) each charge was tripled for the exact amount. For example the first ones were three charges in a row $3.24, followed by three additional charges of $12.65. They continued charging me making sure to keep $$ amount low so as to go Unnoticed until they reached the max amount- which is NOTHING to sneeze at lol, a measly $300 😅 I know I Will need to report to my card issuer, honestly Idk if they will refund me or fix the problem -seeing as it’s already been 2 weeks! Anyway, the main reason I was on here is because I was hoping PayPal would be able to find the account “PayPal*<removed>” and investigate the matter, perhaps reversing the fraudulent transactions since it was done through the PayPal platform..?!? Anyone else have this done to them from that account or a different one with the same triple charge ??? Also, when looking the name up I was only able to see an IG account for a <removed>- a model from another country!? HELP!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi @XxjjjxX,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I’m sorry to hear there’s an unrecognised transaction. Don’t worry, we offer full protection for confirmed unauthorised transactions. Here's how to report unauthorised account activity to us https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq1988. We may take up to 10 business days to review any unauthorised claim and we’ll send you an update via email. To learn more about online safety, click the "Security" link near the bottom of any PayPal page.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.