Fraudulent charge PAYPAL *EBAY U[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]USA

zmandic
Contributor
Contributor

My account was charged $415.26 in swiss franks CHF 402.07. I got an SMS message about transaction, and an email message from the eBay account which is not mien about purchasing some goods.

After that my PayPal account was permanently deleted, and I got a message from PayPal, and in meantime, my email was spammed with around 700 newsletter subscriptions. I guess to try to hide emails from PayPal and eBay about purchasing and account deleting.

Unfortunately, according to PayPal rules account can’t be restored and to send a dispute you need an account, so I am in the loop, don’t know what to do. Obviously, someone who hacked my PayPal account I very familiar with how PayPal works.

On the other side, this amount of money is for now only displayed as reserved funds on my credit card account.

How do I return my account and cancel this fraudulent transaction?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I don't know how it works in Switzerland but I think what I am saying is valid worldwide.

If there was a fraudulent use of your credit card, you have to oppose your credit card via your bank. Then you ask for a refund for fraudulent operation. If Paypal is responsible, they will pay your bank back. Everytime you see a fraudulent payment on your credit card, from Paypal or anyone, you have to oppose your credit card immediately or you will be responsible.

Meanwhile try to get your Paypal account back (restore password...) and dispute the transaction.

Login to Me Too

zmandic
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for answer.

I have blocked my credit card immediately after transaction was made.

Already tried to recover account by recovering password but unfortunately its not possible.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

You can try to send a message to Paypal https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us and click on "I cannot access my account, I cannot connect". It should be the best way to reach someone with your deleted account.

Login to Me Too

zmandic
Contributor
Contributor

It’s pretty impossible to reach them, finally someone answered to me, but the answer was that I should send an email from email address which I want from them to take in consideration.

Was not possible because account connected to that address was deleted.

Now I created a new account with the same address.

What happened, now I have to explain everything from beginning, if I try to call I get only some Austrian number and automatic was speaks on German, still can’t get any human on the phone to explain all of this situation.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Since the pandemia, the telephone contact has been very hard and even interrupted during some months.

Continue to try to reach Paypal, also try to contact the vendor (via the payment confirmation email) and ask to cancel the fraudulent operation. If the vendor is faithful, he migjt cancel it by itself. Ask your bank to dispute the charge. Then you should be payed back and the transaction will be blocked.

You should also try to understand how someone achieved to connect to your Paypal account. Did you answer to a phishing email? Do you keep the same password for many sites?

Login to Me Too

zmandic
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately under the vendor is this link https://eBay.com/help

I am trying to communicate with PayPal, but they put me in the loop, now they asking me to send an e-mail from my account that was deleted.

I already contacted my Bank but unfortunately, they do not accept objections over e-mail, must be on special form and in written and sent over the post.

That’s how someone achieved to connect to my PayPal I am trying to figure out, I have pretty strong password, eleven characters;

letters, numbers and special characters

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Try to contact Ebay to see if they can do something.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.