Fraudulent buyer!!!

Rachel777
Contributor
Contributor

About 4 months or so ago I sold a pair of shoes to a girl on depop she received them, messaged me before and after and left me a good review. A month ago I get a PayPal dispute saying that this buyer has opened a dispute against me for unauthorised transaction ? Yet we had communication before.. I have now being notified that the financial institution has ruled in favour of her so I am having to pay PayPal £50 and have lost those shoes? When I went to send her a message today her account is inactive so I’m unable to come in contact with her. I have called PayPal but they aren’t helpful and say I need to prove proof of postage yet this was months ago and I don’t keep every piece of paper. Any help in what I should do??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rachel777 

A buyer has up to 180 days to open a dispute so you need to keep all tracking info for at least that long, so you have seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rachel777
Contributor
Contributor
How would I know that this girl who’s left me a good review is going to turn around and do that ? I need help with a solution not telling me something unhelpful
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rachel777 

Your welcome, bye then.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.