Fraudulent activity on my account!

BethFc
New Community Member

Hello! About 20 days ago I reported some fraudulent activity on my PayPal account. I know it takes up to 30 days for the money to go back into your account. However I’m feeling very doubtful it may not happen, I had to ring up PayPal several times to ask about the dispute and every time I phoned they said I never opened up a case but I did several times. I’m really worried I’m not going to get my money back, I have the case number but I’m beginning to panic. Anybody had anything happen to them like this? Am I going to get my money back?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kayochin
Contributor
Contributor
Have you talked to their limitations department already? If not, I would suggest you do. They are the ones who can confirm what actually is the status of the case as the are the ones who takes care of unauthorized transactions. Provide them the case number that you have. If by any chance you were not routed to their department, ask to be transferred to them.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BethFc

Paypal c.s. does not transfer you to the limitations department and apart from that your Paypal account has NOT been limited so it would be pointless anyway.

Have you been to the resolution centre and opened an unauthorised dispute?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shrolky
Contributor
Contributor
Money being taken by Facebook which was unauthorised
Login to Me Too

kororo
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, calling limitations department is the best option for them to be able to assist you. Your account doesn't need to be limited in order for them to be able to help you. Best to call customer service and ask them to transfer you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BethFc

ok then if its unauthorised go to the resolution centre and you should be able to view your case in there.

Is it still open or has it been closed.

When you say unauthorised it normally means your paypal account has been hacked and used without your consent?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.