Fraudulent account

lash31
New Community Member

My elderly neighbor does not have a PayPal account. When she went to her bank to withdraw money, she was told her account was overdrawn. Someone set up a PayPal account using her bank info and wiped out her account. Her bank, Chase, said nothing can be done. Is there anything PayPal can do for her? A number she can call? She is devastated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lash31,

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your neighbor! While the bank is the final decision-maker of what happens in a situation involving stolen bank or card information, PayPal customer service can talk to her and make sure that she's examined every option she has in reporting the activity. Please ask her to contact PayPal customer service to discuss this. 

To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.