Fraudulent account resolution

Uncwfelicia1
Contributor
Contributor

Could someone explain to me why paypal can't just issue a refund when fraud is reported and verified by Ebay? I just waited on hold for a freaking hour (listening to how safe and secure paypal was the whole time) to learn that my credit card company has to request funds from frozen, fraudulent and legitimate transactions in order for me to get a refund. Paypal doesn't seem to be doing anything to make payments easier, and actually has made my issue more difficult by being involved. An unnecessary third party as I see it. I purchased an item, hours later someone hacked my ebay or guest paypal account, and made 2 more purchases. Paypal froze all 3 payments which means the seller of the item I did purchase canceled shipment, causing me to have to pay with another method. Then the credit card company didn't want to request that money from paypal, because I hadn't originally reported it as fraud. I told them paypal had taken it fraudulently by freezing the money, and it should be reported as such. Why is this so much trouble? Why does my credit company have to request the money? Ebay had canceled the 2 fraudulent transactions, why couldn't paypal just refund the money?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.