Fraudulent Transaction - What to Do?

Bowriverbug
Contributor
Contributor

I have purchased products from a company called Misen before.  They are a real company and they sell high end cookware.  On September 24, an ad came across my Facebook feed promoting a product from Misen at a very good price.  I went to the web-site link.  The company promoting the product is called Hondoa.  I then went directly to the Misen site that I have used before.  The sites were identical.  I went back to the Hondoa site and made the purchase.  For payment, the seller was using PayPal and I paid with Visa through the PayPal portal.   I received a confirmation from Hondoa.  Shortly thereafter, I received a confirmation from PayPal.  However, this time the seller's name is all in Chinese characters.  I contacted Misen directly to see who the actual seller was and they advised that Hondoa was a fraud; that the Misen site had been mirrored; and that they (Misen) were trying to get Facebook to take down the ad for the product.  I attempted to initiate a PayPal dispute but when I go to the Report a Problem link, the transaction does not appear.  I have now received my credit card statement from Visa and I have been billed.  I initiated a dispute claim with Visa.

How do I initiate a dispute with PayPal and report this fraudulent vendor when I cannot see the transaction on the site or in my profile?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.