Fraudulent Sending of Money

GeraltsBeard
Contributor
Contributor

My account was used to send out money to a Russian person whom, after doing a google search seems to be already dead. I have zero connection with the said person as I live in the Philippines. Plus, yeah, never sent out any money at all today. But there it it is on my activity. 😞

I'm trying to report it but Dispute Resolution doesn't seem to work. Any help?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@GeraltsBeard 

I can understand if you feel alarmed when you see an unauthorized charge on your Paypal account.
I included the steps on how to report an unauthorized transaction. Once you have filed an unauthorized transaction dispute, we'll investigate the transaction. You'll receive an email within 10 days to provide you additional information.

If you are getting an error accessing the Resolution Center, You might want to ensure that you are on the full website not on the mobile application.

How do I report unauthorized PayPal account activity?

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution 🙂 

Login to Me Too

GeraltsBeard
Contributor
Contributor

yeah, been trying this ever since I posted but the report can't seem to get through. After I press report unauthorized activity it just keeps loading and nothing happens even after leaving it for several hours.

Login to Me Too

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
@GeraltsBeard Sorry for the delayed response. If you are unable to file it on your end, You may message us via chat since we have limited customer staffing over the phone due to Covid-19. To do this,Just login on your PayPal account, go to Message Center. Then choose the option for Chat. Our friendly customer support teammates are willing to assist you. Stay Safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.