Fraudulent Sellers

DrKAJ
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to get a refund for a clothing item that didn't fit by using the PayPal Resolution Center, but the seller never responded. PayPal instructed me to return the item so they could issue me a refund. I mailed it back to the seller, Santav Solutions, LLC, located in Austin, Texas (its founder/CEO identifies himself on LinkedIn as Santiago <removed>--pictured below), but I got distracted and forgot to get a tracking #. Because of this, PayPal closed my case, marking it "resolved." Now, I don't have the shirt OR my money.

Now, I have found out that Mr. <removed> has been reported many times for fraudulent business activities.

Here's my question: WHY does PayPal continue to let Santav Solutions, LLC use its payment services when it reportedly defrauds customers and refuses to communicate with PayPal during resolution attempts?

<removed>

Keith <removed>

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

TashaM36
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this same issue, my problem is I disputed the charge and then the company decided to send out the item. During the dispute process I wanted the company to cancel the remaining items, but they decided to ship it anyway. I have disputed the claim with Paypal so many times that I am tired because apparently we are the ones in the wrong for trusting these companies. My issue now is two of the items have not been received and might be lost but every time I try to dispute that charge paypal tries to close the case. Now the fraudulent company has decided that I need to return the product back to china. It would cost more than the items are worth but instead of giving me any other option I have to provide tracking information to get the case resolved. I have emailed the company several times since they sent a totally different product that is not wearable to provide shipping labels. And wouldn't you know they have decided to ignore me again. This process has been just a pain in the butt and paypal has not made it any easier.  

Login to Me Too

Dante96
Contributor
Contributor

Honestly for all of you Paypal won't help. You might be lucky if you used a bank account connected to your Paypal and dispute the charge with your connected bank. I had luck.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DrKAJ 

@TashaM36 

@RedRebel1 

@Birlybirl1 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If you lose because seller provides a fake tracking number (likely) then post back for more advice.
If the item arrives and its tat the make sure you CHANGE the dispute quickly before it closes to 'not as described'.
If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return it.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

UnsungHero
In the exact same boat. Ordered 200$ worth of clothes, never received a single item. Currently awaiting PayPal to resolve the case hopefully.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.