Fraudulent Seller

mjoymommy
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased some basketball shoes off a website that at the time I didn't realize was fraudulent. I got a confirmation email of the order but in my busyness, didn't see that I never got an e-mail with tracking saying that it shipped. About a week and a half later (the shoes were for my son so I wasn't paying close attention), I realized that they hadn't arrived and started looking into it. I tried calling the phone number on the website and it wasn't in service. I tried emailing and it bounced. So I went to the Paypal resolution center and went to start a claim. The email on the resolution center, for the seller, was a different email so I tried emailing and never got a response so I escalated the claim. Then the "seller" provided tracking information so Paypal closed the claim and denied my claim. The tracking information was for my city but it said that the item had been delivered a few days earlier but it hadn't been delivered. I started a claim with UPS to track the package and they provided the delivery information which showed an entirely different address. They checked with the place where it was dropped off and the item the tracking was for wasn't my item. It was for classic car parts from a classic car part company and were for the person where it got dropped off. So my seller must have put some other tracking number in for something else going to the same city to get Paypal off their backs. And because my claim is denied, there's no way for me to start a new claim. I'm stuck with them never having shipped my shoes and out the $60. Is there anything I can do about this? I'm so afraid if I try to call they'll just say that they can't discuss the claim because it was already denied and you're not allowed to argue a claim that was denied. I have documentation of everything and the person who got the classic car parts said that when UPS came out they took pictures of everything and all. UPS just says that it was delivered because it was. It was delivered to the address it was supposed to because it wasn't my item.

Melanie

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mjoymommy 

Nah, call them again and keep calling until you get someone who can assist in appealing the claim and to report Seller Protection abuse. File a report with ic3.gov too. Get official documentation from UPS to what the tracking number belongs to, etc.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mjoymommy 

Nah, call them again and keep calling until you get someone who can assist in appealing the claim and to report Seller Protection abuse. File a report with ic3.gov too. Get official documentation from UPS to what the tracking number belongs to, etc.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mjoymommy
Contributor
Contributor

I tried saying Live Agent multiple times and it wouldn't register that. It just made me say what I wanted and when I got to the point of saying that I was disputing that I received the item it just disconnected me. I have no idea how to get a real person!!!

Login to Me Too

mjoymommy
Contributor
Contributor

I got to a person by pressing 0's, not by saying live agent. On hold to talk to their fraud department hopefully this works.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.