Fraudulent Seller

neicy62
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase with paypal for this seller <removed>. I never received my product. I contacted paypal who contacted the seller and he supplied paypal with a tracking#. I called UPS only to find out that this seller shipped it from 3M in Minnesota to a different address in my town. I called 3M and haven't heard back from them. I called the company that received the package and told them Ryan signed for the package. They said they don't know what I'm talking about and can not help me. I've called paypal but customer service is not in due to the COVID19. I've sent messages to paypal with no response, but their website keeps giving me errors. What do I do from here?

Login to Me Too
55 REPLIES 55

MCrab1
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve had the same issue.  I disputed with PayPal that I didn’t receive toilet paper and wipes and then yesterday the seller sent them a tracking number saying it was delivered.  No it was not.  This guy is a fraud and I contacted my credit card company and they issued a temporary refund. I think that is the best thing to do.  I won’t be using PayPal ever again.

Login to Me Too

MCrab1
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve had the same issue.  I disputed with PayPal that I didn’t receive toilet paper and wipes and then yesterday the seller sent them a tracking number saying it was delivered.  No it was not.  This guy is a fraud and I contacted my credit card company and they issued a temporary refund. I think that is the best thing to do.  I won’t be using PayPal ever again.

Login to Me Too

lindaywang
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me to and I demanded that Paypal relook into my case.

Here's the FBI internet crime complaint.  Let's all file a complaint so something is being done about this.

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/splash.aspx?

Login to Me Too

cgbanny
Contributor
Contributor

Careful, no he is some how being smart and finding UPS tracking numbers already delivered to your house, so it looks like the package was delivered, but not paying attention to the weight.  This guy is an absolute crook.  PayPal shame on you for not standing by your customers and blocking this guy.  Never again using you for anything!

Login to Me Too

WatchOut1
Contributor
Contributor

I got this resolved. Paypal asked me to go check with UPS store. I did- they confirmed it was not delivered to me- but COULD NOT provide any paperwork for that. Got online with paypal agent and they called UPS- confirmed that it was never delivered to my address and then re-opened my case and promised to issue a refund.

Login to Me Too

Chris_1101
Contributor
Contributor

These fraudster are getting smarter everyday and today PayPal only verifies the tracking number at City or ZipCode level and the fraudster is taking advantage of the system, when you contact PayPal tell them the tracking number provided is not addressed to you and not addressed to your Door number and they can verify this with UPS/FEDEX. in my case PayPal helped by contacting UPS and and verifying that it was actually not addressed to my home. This guy some how has access to UPS database and send the someone else tracking numbers that matches the City or Zipcode to trick the PayPal dispute system.

Login to Me Too

WatchOut1
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted UPS and asked them to inform their internal fraud team/ open an investigation- since he seems to have access to their database.

Login to Me Too

Chris_1101
Contributor
Contributor

Thats super good, and UPS should enable full street address delivery verification, I think PayPal trying their best to help both buyers and sellers but fraudsters taking advantage of the system limitations and playing accordingly. In your conversations with PayPal be clear that UPS confirmed the tracking number is not addressed to your home... and ask them to verify with UPS and mark the seller as fraud.

Login to Me Too

Hctra1179
Contributor
Contributor

I just had the same problem with Nguyen <removed> ordered some Germ- X handsanitizer never received  the package but I was upset because I filed a dispute to get a refund of 23.96 he sent PayPal tracking information that I received it so they closed the case and I'm just out of 23.96

Login to Me Too

RandiGellis
Contributor
Contributor
that’s total bs! paypal is lazy / unethical
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.