Fraudulent Seller Not Allowing Refund Until Item Shipped Back to China ??

Modal00
Contributor
Contributor

HI All - Here is my Dilema in a Nut Shell 

Ordered Item that was bluetooth type bracelet that displayed your phone screen on your wrist.  Cost was <Removed> and I opted for Express Shipping for additional 1[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] we didn't get the item faster than if we hadn't paid extra.  (Took almost a MONTH.)  Then when we were shipped the item, what we got was a flimsy rubber bracelet (like you would buy for <Removed> at walgreens for a fundraiser that said "<Removed>".  Not at all what we ordered.  We started dispute with company.  They ADMIT their advertisement was false and misleading.  The started a low ball offer of <Removed> and keep the item.  (A whole wapping <Removed>!)  We refused.  Then they offered same thing again.  When we asked for FULL refund, they tried using a scare tactic saying well if we refund fully, you will have to send the item back blah blah blah.   TO CHINA ! - not going to spend <Removed> or more to ship back a <Removed> cost item !  I opened dispute, provided all documentation.  Paypal says merchant will refund item once it is received back and provided the CHINA address.  Pay Pal isn't letting me comment or dispute futher or anything on the resolution center.   Either this company can send me a POSTAGE PAID return label and Ill ship back or Pay Pal needs to refund without shipping it back.   This is an obvious fraudulent scheme where the merchant offers item, bait and switches with wrong item which is a POS item, then HOPES that you take the measley <Removed> to avoid the hassel and therefore they still in turn POCKET <Removed> - This should be part of the Pay Payl Buyer Protection.   What do I need to do?  How do I get back w/ Pay Pal on the dispute to advise either they need to send me the return label postage paid or not require me to return it at my cost.  The only 2 optinos are - ENTER TRACKING INFO or CANCEL DISPUTE. Which NEITHER is what I want to do.    HELP !  thanks so much 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TempestChani77
New Community Member
Did you ever figure this out? I’m going through the same thing now. Really upsetting.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TempestChani77 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544 (or one for your country).

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

toddm2
Contributor
Contributor

Report both the seller, and Paypal to your states attorney general.   Also if you used a credit card through paypal dispute the charge to paypal through your credit card company.   Paypal is being very complacent by enabling these fradulent scammers.    Even if you sent it back, what would happen is that the address they would give you in China would be wrong.  So then the seller can tell Paypal they never received the return item back and Paypal will find in their favor again anyway.

These scams have been going on for months, there's hundreds of posts both here and on other sites (Nest/Google is a popular site they spoof) even the BBB has had articles/reports of this exact scam manipulating Paypal's policies to fraudulently take advantage of buyers. It's hard to believe Paypal is so incompetent they are not aware of it, yet they are still allowing these scammers to work their policies while buyers are victims. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.