Fraudulent Refund

Reavus
Contributor
Contributor

I sold some video game currency to a person about 5 months ago. They paid me via the friends and family option and they also bought a lot of currency from other people as well. Last night I believe he's trying to call every transaction he's made within the past 5 months as unauthorized transactions and is trying to get all his money back from everyone he's bought in-game currency from. I recently sent paypal proof through their service email of the transactions and conversations between me and the person showing proof of providing the service. Just to note I would have sent proof via the resolution center but it doesn't give me an option to dispute or upload proof. What are my chances of winning here? Appreciate any info. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reavus 

ZERO I think..........

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.
A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for non-receipt of item OR item not as described as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.
However they can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Reavus
Contributor
Contributor
No he issued the refund via PayPal not his credit card company. This was 5 months ago and most credit card companies won’t let you dispute charges that long ago. I honestly didn’t know about the selling of goods thing but it was more of an exchange of gifts and not really me “selling” it since he was my friend. I read from a lot of places that and a customer service rep that I had a good chance of winning since he has no buyer protection since he gave me the money as friends and family.
Login to Me Too

Reavus
Contributor
Contributor
It’s just essentially him randomly now refunding the money that he gave me 5 months randomly to an extent. With no reason, is that even allowed?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.