Fraudulent Paypal Account used by Cyber Criminals

psionics
Contributor
Contributor

There are just HUGE lists of SCAM Websites coming from Facebook-Ads! These are the ones that I had collected: <removed> keeps ignoring this! Bu The original products are mostly referenced to indiegogo:< removed>The problem is, all of them are using Paypal as payment method. And Paypal, with their confusing system, never allow to report multiple disputes, and the only option during the first one is "UnAuthorized" transaction, while I bought the item, I only realized it is a scam when I try to image search the product itself, and I want to inform Paypal, but Paypal just instantly changed my status to "Closed", and I saw an email from the scammer account that he already shipped the product, just minutes after the payment has been done. While my location is Philippines, and the scammer location is China. I want to report that I never received any products, but that option has been already get disabled by Paypal. How can I dispute back my payment and report the account to be investigated for fraudulent activities?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@psionics 

If you 'only' had the unauthorised option then it sounds as if you used the friends/family option??

If so then..........

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction (but that option is for hacked accounts so would be closed as you had authorised the transaction).

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will assist you but unfortunately as it was a 'gift' payment they may decline as well.

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware....unfortunately Facebook does not vet sellers.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

psionics
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, payment is not done as family/gift, nor used creditcard in this matter. It is "Purchased", from SmartOnline. If you looked on the product details, it came from indiegogo site and the price value is just around 10% of the original price. While indiegogo products has better technical description and video presentation, people who clicked on that facebook ads will surely buy it, not realizing it is a scam, I am a technical guy but for some reasons, I got tricked by it, what more on people who doesn't have any technical background? All of them will fall into victim, unless you in Paypal take this issue loophole seriously.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@psionics 

In that case why did you open a dispute for unauthorised? That is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transactions. Paypal would check IP addresses and devices, see it was you and close the dispute.

You should have filed for non receipt of item...............if you contact customer services and state you opened the wrong dispute by mistake they may well open one for you.

Oh and please don't call me ''you at Paypal'', I am just a poster/user of paypal on here the same as you are, Paypal is the last company I would want to work for.

I am just here to help folks use and understand Paypal VOLUNTARILY and hopefully save them from being scammed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

psionics
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry if misunderstood, I mean "you in paypal", I was actually voicing the guys in paypal. About the "unauthorized" that I open, I said it is like an accident, as it is very confusing, specially in panic mode, as being scammed over the fb ads and options are not very clear or prone to mistake.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@psionics 

In that case why not contact customer services and explain you opened unauthorised by mistake, they have been known to open a second dispute for you for item received but not as described.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

psionics
Contributor
Contributor
This is what I already did, there's no other option to land.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.