Fraudulent Payment to AJCLOUD HONGKONG CO, LIMITED

Teri12345
Contributor
Contributor

A payment was posted from my individual PayPal account to <removed>, LIMITED on July 6.  I got the automated email titled "You sent an automatic payment to <removed>.   The details, per the email:  "CSP-Basic Storage 7 days and subscribe with 1 yearly".  The email also said my next payment would be due on July 6, 2021.  

When I printed out the details of this transaction, the Category was listed as TRUCKING.  

I thought this was some sort of phishing scam (since I have never authorized anyone to receive an automatic payment from my PayPal account) so I did not use the link in the email but logged on to my PayPal account from my laptop.

Just wondering if anyone else has had such issues.

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

Dezzilu
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

Login to Me Too

sachnath
Contributor
Contributor
I have just purchased a Wansview camera too today and followed the step by step instructions then discovered that I had been subscribed for (apparently) storage space. So because I can't afford to pay yearly or monthly payments I decided to cancel the subscription and it was as soon as I done it my camera wouldn't work? I quickly realised that to ensure that the device works you HAVE to pay so basically you buy the camera but for it to work you need to pay the additional fee which I think is a disgrace!! Amazon didn't mention anything about this and I couldn't see anywhere before purchasing or using the device telling me or I would not have bought it. Terrible!
Login to Me Too

Nivek57
FINALLY FOUND OUT... IT IS THE WANSVIEW CAMERAS... WOW THATS AWESOME .. ONE PERSON SAID THEY HAD THIS CAMERA AND IT CLICKED. THSY SHOULD CHANGE THE CHARGE NAME... WHAT IDIOTS TO NOT LIST THE NAME AND HAVE PEOLLE CONSTANTLY DISPYTING IT... the fact that they don't use the name is shady though.
Login to Me Too

Jgayle2492

Hi Jennifer, As for the cloud service, the cloud company is called AJcloud company. If you got a charge and want to get a refund, you can contact them at <removed> to get a refund. Thank you. Stay safe and healthy. Best Regards Melody

Login to Me Too

Lalalalicia18
New Community Member
It's the wansview cloud app. You have to go and cancel your subscription thru the app. They just tried charging me $70 but I caught it. Thank you for whomever mentioned it first.
Login to Me Too

FailandK
New Community Member

I've had the Same issue. I was very confused by the title and description, however, I realized it coincided with the storage subscription for my Wansview Cloud wireless security camera. If you have ever had any wireless security cameras and you might have setup a storage subscription. It auto-renews the service without any prompting or notification of pending renewal.

Login to Me Too

laura78kat
I just had the same thing, but after doing some research... It's a charge for the cloud storage of my security cameras. So, if anyone has Faleemi cameras, this is the cloud storage subscription.
Login to Me Too

jweitman

I can't find what this payment is for..

Login to Me Too

coxwold16
New Community Member

I find it shocking that paypal is not taking action against a scammer, allowing the scammer to continue to steal money via paypal!

Login to Me Too

AprilRenee2791
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me but my PayPal and bank card flagged as Fraud! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.