Fraudulent Payment to AJCLOUD HONGKONG CO, LIMITED

Teri12345
Contributor
Contributor

A payment was posted from my individual PayPal account to <removed>, LIMITED on July 6.  I got the automated email titled "You sent an automatic payment to <removed>.   The details, per the email:  "CSP-Basic Storage 7 days and subscribe with 1 yearly".  The email also said my next payment would be due on July 6, 2021.  

When I printed out the details of this transaction, the Category was listed as TRUCKING.  

I thought this was some sort of phishing scam (since I have never authorized anyone to receive an automatic payment from my PayPal account) so I did not use the link in the email but logged on to my PayPal account from my laptop.

Just wondering if anyone else has had such issues.

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

KD81
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same thing happen to me. Same date and all. I filed a dispute and was told that it was part of an agreement that I had made with the seller. This is NOT TRUE. I was able to cancel the reoccurring charges, but the case was closed and I was not issued a refund. I rarely ever use PayPal, but I thought this was supposed to be the safer option. I have tried to use the messaging center to contact someone for a resolution, but every time I get to the point where I click on the claim I filed, it kicks me out of the system. If anyone has suggestions on what I can do to get a refund for this unauthorized, fraudulent charge...I welcome suggestions. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Sgc61_
New Community Member
I too, just received on July 29, a Fraudulent Payment to AJCLOUD HONGKONG CO, for 6.99...dont know what to do next, I want my 6.99 back.
Login to Me Too

Jgayle2492

Hi Jennifer, The cloud company is called AJcloud company. If you got a charge and want to get a refund, you can contact them at <removed> to get a refund. Thank you. Stay safe and healthy. Best Regards Melody

Login to Me Too

Temp20220905D
New Community Member

I used a virtual card actually for the one year subscription. I wrote their customer support email (that took a very long time to find!) that I would like to cancel the automatic subscription before my trial period ends. They did not. But my card blocked the payment as fraudulent. They wrote back from: [Removed]. I got a reply from this, so I know that it works. Hope this helps the community here.  

Login to Me Too

Beesforprez
New Community Member
This happened to me as well. I tried emailing PayPal and it's impossible. I can finish my dispute letter, but there's no send button, just a cancel button. Have you had any luck?
Login to Me Too

bhayes041294

I had the same thing happened i tried to dispute it and they denied my dispute! I am not happy!!! I want my 20$ back. I know it was  fraudulent because i dont even use pay pal but to send money to my family members.

Login to Me Too

AprilRenee2791
Contributor
Contributor

They tried 39.99 the first time from Hong Kong then the 2nd time from the US for 9.99. My bank card flagged as fraud and they didn’t get a dime!

Login to Me Too

Loops769
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I too had an amount taken from my PayPal A/C for a recurring payment to AJCLOUD, I was gutted when I looked at this forum and discovered it could be fraudulent.

I have just had a Wansview camera fitted to the rear of my property which I purchased from Amazon recently.  I looked at the app on my phone and discovered that the amount is the annual subscription for the cloud storage for my camera.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

JermmyM
New Community Member
I too just bought the wansview camera from amazon. When you say it’s for the annual payment, is it safe? Or it is a fraud? The AJCLOUD Hong Kong seems very suspicious to me and I’m nervous to make a payment there and something happen.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.