Fraudulent Mask Seller Paypal Supports

purpleinsect
Contributor
Contributor

Mask Seller Vu Tien Dung is selling cheap foam masks through PayPal and mis-advertising them as N95's. I fell for the scam. I reported the sale with full documentation through the "resolution center" which is highly flawed. There is no way to add notes to the case or to see the seller's response. Their timeline for responses favor the seller. I played the game. I submitted all documentation. This seller has gotten a ton of bad press on social media for selling fraudulent masks and yet PayPal closed my case in their favor with zero explanation and zero way to reach them. I have reported the seller to the Dept. of Justice in my state, as PayPal requested me to do but will not recognize my so doing. I will be closing my account as soon as I set up an alternate. People on social media (account now deleted on Facebook) have had the same experience and suggest that PayPal is embedded in the scam. This is criminal. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@purpleinsect 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

purpleinsect
Contributor
Contributor

I am working with my cc company to get a chargeback. Also, have reported them to the DOJ. I just can't understand how PayPal can be so dismissive and remiss at solving the issue.

Login to Me Too

purpleinsect
Contributor
Contributor

None of these conditions applied to my purchase. They were expensive!! One dollar foam masks billed as N95s and I paid $30 a piece. This was via Instagram. There was no company name, address, return policy, etc. listed when I bought them. It was an impulse buy. Never again.

Login to Me Too

Grtbritt
Contributor
Contributor

Masks received were cloth not N95.  Fraudulent seller and no assistance from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

seh2020
New Community Member

I have had the same issue.  I actually tried to cancel the order the day after I placed the order and they insisted it was on the way.  I filed a dispute and just received notice the case was closed.  These masks are cheap and inferior.  I also sent the seller an email and gave them a piece of my mind.  There is no one to complain to.  Unfortunately, this is a loss.

Login to Me Too

HoggThaLane
Contributor
Contributor
PAYPAL SUPPORTS THIS SCAM ARTIST!! I SENT THE FAKE N95 MASKS BACK WITH THE SELLER'S 2 DAY POLICY AND USED THE RETURN SHIPPING ADDRESS ON THE PACKAGE THAT THEY WERE SENT. PAYPAL REFUSED TO ISSUE A REFUND!! PAYPAL SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR COLLECTING MONEY FROM A KNOWN SCAMMER!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.