Fraudulent Company & Transactions: Lin <removed>

MatthewDaniel
Contributor
Contributor

I've seen posts about this number in the past, dating back to 2013 or so.  Is there any headway on stopping this "company" from making fraudulent business transactions?  No help from personal banks or PayPal or whatever vendor site the item was purchased on?  Has this fraudulent company really found a loophole that the community (including PayPal) cannot resolve?!

Like others, I have purchased a product on a seemingly solid website (for camping gear).  I received something of FAR less quality, specifications, AND it had missing parts.  I purchased one of those 3-person hydraulic pop up tents which comes with a couple extras naturally... I received a 2-person manual set up tent, in which is missing the rain fly, stakes, and bag!  

Absolutely no help or response for that matter from emailing the <removed> or the <removed> addresses.  

I copy and pasted the transaction name from my bank account: 

PAYPAL *LIN <removed>

Again I'll ask, ANY help from PayPal on this?!  Looks like filing disputes haven't worked in the past...

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

geekrawker
Contributor
Contributor

i'm struggling with this too (general support/refunds/charge-backs). paypal was great 15 year ago.. but its slowly changed into supporting the scam transactions instead of protecting its customers.   If you ask me, the bottom line is they make more money supporting the scam then they do refunding the illegitimate transactions even after calculating user attrition.

Ive had to re-create my most recent ticket..  the reply from paypal when it vanished was "we cant find your dispute record".

Login to Me Too

TYLO
New Community Member

I too have been scammed by this fraudulent company. I rang and spoke with a Paypal representative, who stated that they are just a payment processing facility, that does not sell or buy goods. When I pressed to have this escalated to their security section, I was basically told that there was no way I could escalate this. I kept pressing the point that fraud is a criminal activity, but whilst sympathetic, the person still said he could do nothing.

So how in the hell does companies like this get shutdown. After investigating this company, there are hundreds of complaints across multiple fraud sites, reporting the same type of behaviour. How can Paypal not be aware and shut this account down. 

Login to Me Too

v8dave
Contributor
Contributor

@TYLO wrote:

How can Paypal not be aware and shut this account down. 

I got the standard answer on a recent phone call that they are doing something but yet I still see complaints all over the place for this LIN <removed>. He also told me they can't just block anyone. I told him that if a bank can put a block on my credit card or account, they can do the same.

Paypal make money on every transaction, even the scams so they are unlikely to stop this. Not what you would call a good service. 😞 

By the time your goods arrive, the payment hold time from the credit card company has already expired. The scammers are all using values around $50 as they know that a return cost will be the same or higher so people will just get p*ssed off and not send it back and write it off.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.