Fraudulent Company Stormsale.net using PayPal to defraud buyers

BridgmanJH
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeking forum assistance in how to get PayPal to understand that tracking information provided by a company is fraudulent. On 4 October 2019 I, purchased a set of running boards for my truck from an online retailer “Stormsale.net” utilizing PayPal to complete the purchase.  After waiting several days, I received notification that “my order had been fulfilled”.  I attempted to contact the seller both by phone and by email to determine if the item had been shipped.  They did not respond or pick up the phone  I then received a tracking number for a package to be delivered by UPS.  However, the package weight was listed a 2.1lbs yet my item is over 70lbs.  I contacted UPS and verified that the tracking was not for my item, to my name, address or location and that it was not my item.  As PayPal does not verify address, they will not reverse the charge even though my item has not been delivered as the fraudulent company sent tracking information.  Additionally, a check of the seller with the Better Business Bureau verified that this scam has been used on other purchasers in the past to subvert PayPal’s fraud detection.  I sent PayPal the email Response from UPS showing that it was not delivered to me.   They still have not helped and this fictitious company is still preying upon consumers.  Unless the financial institution refunds my money through their fraud protection I will be out $386.00.  PayPal has not done anything to help even though I have attempted to get help on multiple occasions via the resolution center.  Please offer any suggestions you have.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Liv2skee
Contributor
Contributor

I just recently had the same issue. I purchased a hot water tank from Stormsale.net. When I tried to check on the delivery, all my emails to them bounced back and the phone number on their website would continue to ring and ring. Finally, I filed a dispute with PayPal because I was concerned about the transaction and that's when PayPal sent me the resolution response showing it was delivered on April 20th with a tracking number. I know the hot water tank hadn't been delivered and when I checked the tracking number, it showed an item had been delivered weighing 7.7 lbs instead of the actual 178 lbs the hot water tank weighed. Unfortunately, there was no actual address shown on the delivery info on the UPS website. I'm still trying to get a response from PayPal. I'm hoping that since several members have already gone through the process, management is aware of this fraudulent company. I reached out to my financial institution and have opened an investigation with them. Hopefully, I can see a resolution. Thanks for everyone's feedback and contribution here.

Login to Me Too

TomBrilliant

I too ordered a water heater [$999.00] on September 11th, I ordered a Rheem hybrid which was sold out everywhere else. Shame on me for not checking reviews BEFORE placing the order. All my emails sent to them got bounced back except to the email address provided on the PayPal transaction receipt. Those emails went unanswered. I immediately got "concerned" after reading reviews & the bounced back emails. Had a very difficult time filing a dispute with PayPal because I purchased it for my business and had not set up my business account so it was purchased as a "guest". Had to "message" PayPal to explain situation. They said I have to wait until Sept 21st before they can escalate problem. I have contacted my bank & am awaiting their response as well. Why does PayPal allow this "mechant" to hide behind their name to route these fraudulent transactions through them?

Login to Me Too

ptim
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a lawnmower battery from this company (stormsale.net) that I never received. the tracking number that i was supplied with was for a .5 ounce package shipped from a publisher in Chicago to the library in my town. I have filed a dispute with pay pay and as of yet have not received a response. it is 6 day past the respond date the seller had to respond to paypal.  

Login to Me Too

Ionflaks
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah PayPal really sucks. I had same issue ups emailed me saying the package was was not related to me nor the package I was expecting. Apparently that is not good enough for PayPal. They denied the claim and are forcing me to go to ups and get tracking information. Problem is ups won’t give me tracking information because the tracking number does not have my name attached to it. No matter what I tell them. PayPal is a horrible company their buyer protection is a load of crap. They recently updated their buyer protection policy to less help customers. It’s PayPal’s fault for allowing scam website a PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

ptim
Contributor
Contributor

Well if paypal does not refund my money, i will give it to American express who is the card i use to pay paypal and i guarantee Amex will refund my money and take it back from pay pal. That will be the last time  i will use paypal if they deny my claim

Login to Me Too

ptim
Contributor
Contributor

problem closed Paypal issued me a full credit. thank you Paypal

Login to Me Too

Sherpajames
Contributor
Contributor

There is another company called boat-heaters.com doing the same thing. It’s a total bogus company. They don't exist. I filled a police report with the city the address of the business is using. The address is a home and they arent involved. My credit card company told me these companies are popping up every where on line. PayPal could care less. There making money off the transactions even if it’s fraud. I will never use PayPal for anything. I’ve tried informing them but they could care less. In my opinion there just as bad. Kind of a form of money laundering.

Login to Me Too

lacox
Contributor
Contributor
I'm out 633. And singer change for a rototiller. Was received by someone but UPS wouldn't tell me who. I was wondering why the pounds listed were only a couple pounds, a rototiller dosen't weigh a couple pounds.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.