Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Company Stormsale.net using PayPal to defraud buyers

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

I am seeking forum assistance in how to get PayPal to understand that tracking information provided by a company is fraudulent. On 4 October 2019 I, purchased a set of running boards for my truck from an online retailer “Stormsale.net” utilizing PayPal to complete the purchase.  After waiting several days, I received notification that “my order had been fulfilled”.  I attempted to contact the seller both by phone and by email to determine if the item had been shipped.  They did not respond or pick up the phone  I then received a tracking number for a package to be delivered by UPS.  However, the package weight was listed a 2.1lbs yet my item is over 70lbs.  I contacted UPS and verified that the tracking was not for my item, to my name, address or location and that it was not my item.  As PayPal does not verify address, they will not reverse the charge even though my item has not been delivered as the fraudulent company sent tracking information.  Additionally, a check of the seller with the Better Business Bureau verified that this scam has been used on other purchasers in the past to subvert PayPal’s fraud detection.  I sent PayPal the email Response from UPS showing that it was not delivered to me.   They still have not helped and this fictitious company is still preying upon consumers.  Unless the financial institution refunds my money through their fraud protection I will be out $386.00.  PayPal has not done anything to help even though I have attempted to get help on multiple occasions via the resolution center.  Please offer any suggestions you have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Fraudulent Company Stormsale.net using PayPal to defraud buyers

@BridgmanJH 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@BridgmanJH 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

I had the same issue. Purchased a 175 dollar tool in July, shipped, but never delivered it. So obviously it is a fraudulent company. It took me three months to get my money back. You have to go through the bank and layout all of the information to them. What they are doing is grabbing a ups shipment to your city and your bank will not do there diligence to verify that it shipped to your address and ups will not be able to give you the address that it shipped to. UPS will give you the company that the tracking number was ordered from. PayPal is a dead end. They will only take the word of the merchant. Same with the bank until you lay it all out. I filed a local police report, contacted the BBB and some other org including following up with PayPal to try and not get them to be able to use them. No use with PayPal. It seems to me that they use PayPal like a person to person transaction not a business to consumer POS. Keep talking with the bank and don't give up you will get your money back. Tell the bank they need to contact UPS and verify the address. Because it is a fraud. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Highlighted
Contributor

UPDATE:  PayPal refunded my money after about 10 phone calls and countless emails.  If this has happened to you please be persistent.  I also filed a claim with may banking institution.  The fraudulent con artists who ran this scam are using PayPals security practices against them in order to defraud customers.  I received a phone call from a PayPal manager and finally got a resolution.  Posting here also helped I am sure.  Additionally, I went on LinkedIn and contacted as many PayPal employees as possible.  The point of all of this is be persistent.  Eventually they will look deeper and see the truth.

Highlighted
New Community Member

I bought a vent hood on 3/22/2020 and never get it delivered from Storsale.net. I contacted my bank and waiting for their investigation result. How can we stop this wed site to be operational?
Highlighted
New Community Member

Could you please tell me how you finally got PayPal to refund you the money that was fraudulently taken from you from this fictitious company?
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes it is. I had to get ups to send me info on their letter head with the tracking number whom it was from and whom it was addressed to. They sent a package to someone else in my area. The package weighed 2lbs and what they were supposed to be sending me weighed 175lbs. I had to prove i didn’t get and that it wasn’t addressed to me or my address. Please don’t order from them.
Highlighted
Contributor

In response to how I finally got paid, 1st I sent an email to UPS with the exact wording I needed for them to cut and paste back to me to show it was not my package. Second I kept calling PayPal every day escalating until they would no longer respond. Then I posted the entire issue here and lastly I opened a dispute with my financial institution. Be persistent. Eventually a PayPal manager called and resolved the issue. It takes time because the fraudulent company replies to PayPal showing they shipped to your zipcode. PayPal is not refined enough to discern it is not your house or item. Good Luck.
Highlighted
Contributor

I just recently had the same issue. I purchased a hot water tank from Stormsale.net. When I tried to check on the delivery, all my emails to them bounced back and the phone number on their website would continue to ring and ring. Finally, I filed a dispute with PayPal because I was concerned about the transaction and that's when PayPal sent me the resolution response showing it was delivered on April 20th with a tracking number. I know the hot water tank hadn't been delivered and when I checked the tracking number, it showed an item had been delivered weighing 7.7 lbs instead of the actual 178 lbs the hot water tank weighed. Unfortunately, there was no actual address shown on the delivery info on the UPS website. I'm still trying to get a response from PayPal. I'm hoping that since several members have already gone through the process, management is aware of this fraudulent company. I reached out to my financial institution and have opened an investigation with them. Hopefully, I can see a resolution. Thanks for everyone's feedback and contribution here.

Highlighted

I too ordered a water heater [$999.00] on September 11th, I ordered a Rheem hybrid which was sold out everywhere else. Shame on me for not checking reviews BEFORE placing the order. All my emails sent to them got bounced back except to the email address provided on the PayPal transaction receipt. Those emails went unanswered. I immediately got "concerned" after reading reviews & the bounced back emails. Had a very difficult time filing a dispute with PayPal because I purchased it for my business and had not set up my business account so it was purchased as a "guest". Had to "message" PayPal to explain situation. They said I have to wait until Sept 21st before they can escalate problem. I have contacted my bank & am awaiting their response as well. Why does PayPal allow this "mechant" to hide behind their name to route these fraudulent transactions through them?