Fraudulent Company Stormsale.net using PayPal to defraud buyers

BridgmanJH
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeking forum assistance in how to get PayPal to understand that tracking information provided by a company is fraudulent. On 4 October 2019 I, purchased a set of running boards for my truck from an online retailer “Stormsale.net” utilizing PayPal to complete the purchase.  After waiting several days, I received notification that “my order had been fulfilled”.  I attempted to contact the seller both by phone and by email to determine if the item had been shipped.  They did not respond or pick up the phone  I then received a tracking number for a package to be delivered by UPS.  However, the package weight was listed a 2.1lbs yet my item is over 70lbs.  I contacted UPS and verified that the tracking was not for my item, to my name, address or location and that it was not my item.  As PayPal does not verify address, they will not reverse the charge even though my item has not been delivered as the fraudulent company sent tracking information.  Additionally, a check of the seller with the Better Business Bureau verified that this scam has been used on other purchasers in the past to subvert PayPal’s fraud detection.  I sent PayPal the email Response from UPS showing that it was not delivered to me.   They still have not helped and this fictitious company is still preying upon consumers.  Unless the financial institution refunds my money through their fraud protection I will be out $386.00.  PayPal has not done anything to help even though I have attempted to get help on multiple occasions via the resolution center.  Please offer any suggestions you have.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BridgmanJH 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BridgmanJH 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jawheeler19
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same issue. Purchased a 175 dollar tool in July, shipped, but never delivered it. So obviously it is a fraudulent company. It took me three months to get my money back. You have to go through the bank and layout all of the information to them. What they are doing is grabbing a ups shipment to your city and your bank will not do there diligence to verify that it shipped to your address and ups will not be able to give you the address that it shipped to. UPS will give you the company that the tracking number was ordered from. PayPal is a dead end. They will only take the word of the merchant. Same with the bank until you lay it all out. I filed a local police report, contacted the BBB and some other org including following up with PayPal to try and not get them to be able to use them. No use with PayPal. It seems to me that they use PayPal like a person to person transaction not a business to consumer POS. Keep talking with the bank and don't give up you will get your money back. Tell the bank they need to contact UPS and verify the address. Because it is a fraud. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

BridgmanJH
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:  PayPal refunded my money after about 10 phone calls and countless emails.  If this has happened to you please be persistent.  I also filed a claim with may banking institution.  The fraudulent con artists who ran this scam are using PayPals security practices against them in order to defraud customers.  I received a phone call from a PayPal manager and finally got a resolution.  Posting here also helped I am sure.  Additionally, I went on LinkedIn and contacted as many PayPal employees as possible.  The point of all of this is be persistent.  Eventually they will look deeper and see the truth.

Login to Me Too

h_tahmasian
New Community Member
I bought a vent hood on 3/22/2020 and never get it delivered from Storsale.net. I contacted my bank and waiting for their investigation result. How can we stop this wed site to be operational?
Login to Me Too

Hbr11
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. We are in the midst of this. PayPal pretends that the company is ethical so that you keep jumping through the hoops. All the while, no matter what you do the fraudulent company just keeps coming up with new things to scam you. #1 using fraudulent tracking numbers (PayPal does nothing when the company randomly changes the tracking number and uses it to prove that there was a delivery). Never mind the fact that they are delivering an item inside a mailbox that shouldn’t be able to fit inside of a mailbox. PayPal does nothing about this and pretends like your item was received. After you jump through all of the hoops to get your closed case re-opened then PayPal says to send back the item to the company so that you can get your refund. WHAT? I ordered two large items and received neither of them. But, because the company changes the tracking number and delivers a toothbrush instead, I am now supposed to pay to ship the toothbrush back? Seriously PayPal. Obviously, the fraudulent company will say that the tooth brush arrived damaged or something. Besides the fact that this company doesn’t sell toothbrushes. Now, PayPal wants me to fill out an IC3 form to let the police know that there may be something fraudulent going on. SERIOUSLY??? we still haven’t received our money back. PayPal repeatedly tells us that they are working on it, but then sends us things like, return the item or fill out the IC3. We both know that I didn’t order a toothbrush. PayPal needs to fill out the IC3, report the company that they backed and refund my money back. In addition, PayPal is waiting for the fraudulent company to say, yes, we received the item back (from us), then PayPal can credit our money. Even if I pay to send the toothbrush back the company is not going to respond to PayPal and tell them that I sent it back, but will tell him it was the wrong item or damaged. The only way I will get my money back is a PayPal admits that this is a fraudulent company, stops asking us to jump through the fraudulent company’s hoops and gives us our money back. PayPal is once again, not doing their job by #1 allowing this fraudulent company to do work with PayPal #2 not giving your money back and pretending like they are working with an ethical company.
Login to Me Too

tbmyourhome

i did the same and was able to get a helpful fedex employee to get me the details, of which my shipment originated at a print shop and delivered to a church in my town... cleaver. i believe they work for fedex. no other way to grab a random actual shipment number and to my shipping town. 

Login to Me Too

Kfarrell77
New Community Member
Could you please tell me how you finally got PayPal to refund you the money that was fraudulently taken from you from this fictitious company?
Login to Me Too

Katstringer
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it is. I had to get ups to send me info on their letter head with the tracking number whom it was from and whom it was addressed to. They sent a package to someone else in my area. The package weighed 2lbs and what they were supposed to be sending me weighed 175lbs. I had to prove i didn’t get and that it wasn’t addressed to me or my address. Please don’t order from them.
Login to Me Too

BridgmanJH
Contributor
Contributor
In response to how I finally got paid, 1st I sent an email to UPS with the exact wording I needed for them to cut and paste back to me to show it was not my package. Second I kept calling PayPal every day escalating until they would no longer respond. Then I posted the entire issue here and lastly I opened a dispute with my financial institution. Be persistent. Eventually a PayPal manager called and resolved the issue. It takes time because the fraudulent company replies to PayPal showing they shipped to your zipcode. PayPal is not refined enough to discern it is not your house or item. Good Luck.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.