Fraudulent Activity

Mjksaru
Contributor
Contributor

A transaction of $97.37 was made to place an order at Adidas using my PayPal account. This order was placed and shipped under my name to an address in Florida. Here’s the address[removed] FL 33155 I received An email notification from PayPal of a login from this location: Provincia de Santo Domingo,DO minutes from the completion of the fraud. Representatives at Adidas and Chase bank with have confirmed i’m not the only victim of this huge scam. I’m still fighting this with PayPal, they are refusing to confirm that this was a fraudulent activity. I have reported identity theft to my local authorities and FTC. Is there anything else i can do? Are there others on here who have been a victim of this scam? What has PayPal done to secure your account from fraud?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lfanderson1
Contributor
Contributor
Me as well... what do you do when your account has been hacked and you get nowhere real fast. I cant seem to get a human who can help me. They transfer me to another place and then I get " we are unable to support my request at this time" go to website. The website is completely NOT user friendly and leaves no options to dispute charges that they say I owe to someone I did not get funds with. Their investigations are a joke. There is no logic and they do not look at any computer trails. I am very frustrated at this company's business practices. Can anyone tell me what i can do? I will not pay for something I did not get... aka being hacked.
Login to Me Too

Mjksaru
Contributor
Contributor
Please report your identity theft to FTC. I also reported mine to the attorney general office of my city. I have received a confirmation email that started an investigation and will be in contact with PayPal. I also contacted Equifax and placed identity protection order. I even reported the online fraud to IC3. Yesterday i went to the “messaging center” and they said they will have the right dept give me a call. And im still waiting... im trying my best to avoid other people of becoming the next victim and spread awareness and PayPal can not care less about this serious situation
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.