Fraudulent Activity Not Removed by PayPal

FraudFreedom
New Community Member

Got a notice that there was fraudulent activity on our PayPal account. I got on line and sure enough someone named Daisy Fernandez was sending $500.00 to the Bank of India through the PayPal service Zoom. Let me tell everyone how wrong this is. (1) We don't have an account with Zoom. Never have had an account with Zoom. Now we never will have an account with Zoom. (2) We don't know a Daisy Fernandez. (3) A Scotsman named Curtis and a 1st generation German name Ruth, 70 & 67 years old, both highly educated, Sending $500.00 to the "Bank of India"????? Lets get real. We contacted PayPal while the transaction was in process and said this was not us. They ignored us. We spent days after calling PayPal and talking to whomever would listen that this was a fraudulent transaction. I spoke to a Lady at Synchrony Bank who reassured me that Synchrony Bank would reverse the charge and that the charge would be removed from our account. This was all in February. The charge is still on our account and our account has limited activity (we can make payments, nothing else). We can not access the resolution Center. Our phone calls are answered put on hold the we are hung up on. The history of this transaction has been erased. Or at least I can't access the history. I used PayPal exclusively when purchasing online, because PayPal never let ne down. If the product wasn't what I wanted, PayPal either got a refund or a replacement. I never worried when shopping online, I had PayPal on my Six. What a fool I was. If anyone has a solution to our problem, please MS me or Curtis and we will get back to you ASAP. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.