Fraudulent Account

AJewelden
Contributor
Contributor

The Paypal account I'm typing it from is a fraudulent one that has dozens of email addresses added to it. Paypal apparently did nothing to prevent these addresses from being added, nor did it verify them, and so my email address can not be used to create an account of my own and is permanently tied to this one. This account is also giving an error any time I attempt to close it or remove the other email addresses. So far, I've simply changed all the login and recovery information to prevent this account's use, but I'd like to have it closed.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @AJewelden,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into some unrecognized activity on your account. Changing the password and recovery information is definitely what we would recommend, however, if you need to report any unauthorized activity through your PayPal account, you can do so through our Resolution Center. Here's a great Help Center article that can guide you through that process: How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity?

If you do not see the transaction in your PayPal history, we recommend contacting your funding source to see what options you have to report that transaction.

Best wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

AJewelden
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, but I don't need help with unauthorized activity on this account. This account never should have been created. Its whole purpose is the use of other people's email accounts, probably to get money from anyone trying to send money to all of the addresses that have been unwillingly tied to this. This account needs to be closed, and Paypal is giving an error every time I attempt to do so.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @AJewelden,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty that you're having closing the account. If the account has been limited or restricted by PayPal, that means that the fraudulent activity was caught and the account is prevented from further activity. You would not be able to close the account from a limited status. If the account is not restricted, please contact customer service for assistance in closing the account. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for contact options.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.