Fraudulent Account Activity

JK7001
Contributor
Contributor

OK So here is my story.  There were 4 unauthorized transaction in my account.  All 4 were money transferred from my account to an individual via their bank.  In all 4 cases money was transferred to the same individual and his bank.

I don't know this person and I did make any purchases from this person.  The total amount transferred was a little over $500.00 of which the largest was $365. I opened a case regarding this unauthorized transaction and the ruling was against me claiming the transfer was authorized. Well this is ridiculous. Of course it was authorized,BUT NOT BY ME!!!

Obviously my account was hacked and a a bank account inserted for transfers and then the transfers were made.  I have not been able to understand how a ruling can be disputed (website information regarding this process if there is one, is not easily understood.  I have left numerous messages at the message center and non of them is ever answered. Covid 19 my A--.  What can I do. I have been a seller on eBay for years but this is the 2nd time since February this year that I have had a security problem. I'm real close to closing my Paypal account for this reason.  HELP

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

ursulawhy
Contributor
Contributor

Over $10000 were transferred out of my account! I am now in the minus! I can't get through to talk to someone, and I cannot dispute the charges to anyone. I don't want to cancel my account, because I want Paypal to resolve this for me, but I don't want more money to be transfered out of my account. HELP!

Login to Me Too

ursulawhy
Contributor
Contributor

I had over $10000 illegally transferred out of my account! No resolution! What can we do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for posting to our Community. I'm sorry to hear that you've had this happen. Please take a moment to change your password, if you haven't already, and open a dispute in your Resolution Center. Here's an article from our Help Center on how to report unauthorized activity: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/faq1988

You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Message Us at the bottom of the PayPal page. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

Login to Me Too

ursulawhy
Contributor
Contributor

I spent two hours on the phone help line waiting for someone to answer. I finally reported the issue. I will supposedly find out within 48 hours if this issue can be resolved. The persons looking at the record seemed to clearly acknowledge that foul play had occurred on one day: 30 or so faulty transactions with which I had nothing to do and which completely drained my account. I sure hope these transactions will be reversed and that my funds can be recovered. It would be nice if the perpetrators could be found. I hope Paypal is insured for such cases.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.